• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New twist on agent pain"

Collapse

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    They do and I don't see the problem with that is. I recommended a fella who was on the bench when I had a call like this from an agent and he got a gig the were looking at a week later. Me, him, client, agent happy. Sorted.

Bearing in mind being an agent is little more than being a salesman I can't see why you think it would be any different across professions.
    I've given recommendations to agents on more than one occasion. I don't recall any 'introduction fees' coming my way though.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    They do and I don't see the problem with that is. I recommended a fella who was on the bench when I had a call like this from an agent and he got a gig the were looking at a week later. Me, him, client, agent happy. Sorted.

Bearing in mind being an agent is little more than being a salesman I can't see why you think it would be any different across professions.

Leave a comment:

• socialworker
    started a topic New twist on agent pain

New twist on agent pain

Got a call this evening from my current agent , she's not a bad kid really, asking if I knew any prospective contract social workers as in her office they are getting stick from management for not signing up enough new people.

Does the same thing ie agents trawling for workers happen in IT Land ?

Working...
X