• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm running my 1st half marathon"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    Pass me that curry... (like the idea of the basket, wendigo).
    Curry in a basket - I like your style.

By the way, as you're not being sponsored, there's no excuse for dressing up in that rubber suit while you're doing it.

Good luck. We'll be breathing heavily for you.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    I hope you don't take an al fresco dump. That's only for the professionals. It takes years of training.

Leave a comment:

• s2budd
    replied
    Which one?
    Bristol?

Leave a comment:

• Clog II The Avenger
    replied
    Well done! I know how much hard work it takes.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    cojak - Jade Goody of the IT world...
    Does that mean you are going to get your tits out?

Sorry....I'll get me coat.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I've done some training and I'm gonna do some more, no doubt about that. I'm just not going to run the whole 13 miles - walking with a bit of jogging.

I'm taking the David Coleman mantra to heart "Start slowly, then go slower".

cojak - Jade Goody of the IT world...

Pass me that curry... (like the idea of the basket, wendigo).

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I used to do that stuff. You haven't left yourself much time to get fit for running 13 miles, so can I suggest you take a bike?

You can have a little basket on the front for canapes, wine, etc, and a bell to warn fellow runners that you are coming through.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Good luck Cojak. It's gonna hurt if you haven't done any training but good luck...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Remember what happened with the guy who run the very first marathon...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Feck off.

I'm not going to be one of those 'make you feel bad' worthies...
    Last edited by cojak; 4 August 2006, 07:29.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    <ChuggerWarning>

If you're going to do it, why not just give a little tax deductible?

http://www.justgiving.com/

</ChuggerWarning>

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    started a topic I'm running my 1st half marathon

I'm running my 1st half marathon

in September.

I'm crap at exercise, hopeless at jogging but am being strangely drawn to the more uncomfortable aspects of training (when I get around to doing some).

But I managed to walk 13 miles in 3 hours on Saturday so coming in at less than this time is a distinct possibility.

And d'ya know what? There's not a sponsorship form in sight. I'm not begging for money, I'm not badgering my friends and relatives.

I'm doing this for me and nobody else

So there...

Working...
X