• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cameron says no to Salmond TV debate"

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I would too. Any takers for Northern Ireland? Bidding to start at 50p.
    I think the Scots would expect to be paid a damn sight more than that for taking Northern Ireland over from the UK (or whatever it would be called in the absence of Scotland).
    Last edited by TykeMerc; 27 September 2013, 15:56.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Sending Balls is cruel we don't hate them
    they can sue for compensation for cruel & unusual treatment later, we can send Mars Bars!

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    lets get Ed Balls to do it they we are gauranteed to get shot of em
    Sending Balls is cruel we don't hate them

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    yeah they have Oil, maybe we can get Obama to help?
    We would have to redesign the pricing structure to calculate oil in units of chip pans rather than barrels though :-(

Although that means more work for us poor software engineers who work in finance - win!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    On the condition that he joins them afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    No get Ed Milliband to front it, we want the no vote to lose

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Why is there even a debate?

Why can't we all simply agree that Scotland should be it's own country, bomb it to hell and cause millions of pounds worth of improvements?

yeah they have Oil, maybe we can get Obama to help?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yep. Call-me-Dave appeals primarily to middle class English conservatives.
    Maybe in the past, I doubt very much that's the case now.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Why is there even a debate?

Why can't we all simply agree that Scotland should be it's own country, bomb it to hell and cause millions of pounds worth of improvements?

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Yep. Call-me-Dave appeals primarily to middle class English conservatives. A Scotsman should lead the pro-union campaign.
    No get Ed Milliband to front it, we want the no vote to lose

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Independence.

Yes. Deal with it.

So would I and many other thousands of other Scots living abroad who are the subjects of generations of decent from that bonny land. Alas, it's not, it's not a vote on Scottishness it's a vote for residents whether they be Scottish or not. I can accept that, can't you?
    Because Scotland is part of the union, and only a subset of that union are being given their democratic rights

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    We could make that a condition of independence. They are as bad as each other with their sectarian hatred so why not...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    Indeed! Of 650 seats in Westminster, 59 are Scottish. Of the Scottish seats only one is Tory. Hell, Cameron would give them Northern Ireland too if he could palm it off onto them.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Independence, the biggest threat to the union and the PM bottles out of a TV debate?

It would be quite a legacy for this PM, should the union divide.
    Indeed! Of 650 seats in Westminster, 59 are Scottish. Of the Scottish seats only one is Tory. Hell, Cameron would give them Northern Ireland too if he could palm it off onto them.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Makes sense to put another Scot in place as the face of the no campaign, CallmeDave's oily face and posh voice won't endear the Scots to the no vote. I think it is a very good move. Not to mention it will piss of Salmond
    Yep. Call-me-Dave appeals primarily to middle class English conservatives. A Scotsman should lead the pro-union campaign.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X