• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: iPhone 5s

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "iPhone 5s"

Collapse

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    It's my guess that the geniuses in the apple shop aren't actual geniuses. If I'm paying for a genius I want a bona fide genius, not someone with a couple of A* at GCSE. We should start a campaign to measure them and have apple done under the trade descriptions act.
    To be fair they probably are geniuses compared to their users

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    It's my guess that the geniuses in the apple shop aren't actual geniuses. If I'm paying for a genius I want a bona fide genius, not someone with a couple of A* at GCSE. We should start a campaign to measure them and have apple done under the trade descriptions act.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I'm waiting for a replacement iPhone4s as my sons hardly ever used and in pristine condition phone has decided to stop working. We went into the Apple store in Manchester and was told that as I'd tried to do a restore which failed then it 'must be a hardware issue' by the 'Genius' and a repair would be £135. As I said, the phone has hardly ever been used as my son prefers to use skype and the like that fart about with his phone. Its there mainly from emergencies as he's at boarding school.

The apple shop was mobbed and most of the issues seemed to be with ultra reliable iPhones. Our wait time was 1.5 hours, to be told what we were told and based on the exact same info we had given to the other 'Genius'

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    So do you change your internet enabled fridge every year when a newer CPU gets introduced ?
    I did buy the new panasonic fridge freezer a few months ago. Super quiet with pretty lights inside.

On a side note, aren't fridges amazing? Reversing the 2nd law of thermodynamics where cold flows towards the heat

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Because I have a reason to use it that does not include phone calls.
    So do you change your internet enabled fridge every year when a newer CPU gets introduced ?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    My phone has got 3 weeks battery life. How is it in your new technology one?
    Because I have a reason to use it that does not include phone calls.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Same reason I don't change car every year.
    You're comparing a €900 purchase against €30,000 purchase? MMMmmmokay.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Why would you want to be stranded with old technology after a year?? You decide, Android or Apple...
    My phone has got 3 weeks battery life. How is it in your new technology one?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Why would you want to be stranded with old technology after a year??
    Same reason I don't change car every year.

Also if you want modern, cutting edge you should go for a Lumia 1020. Most modern OS, most cutting edge and innovative hardware.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So you are ok for now, just make sure you don't exceed natural iPhone relacement rate (once a year), because that might push you to get Android.
    Why would you want to be stranded with old technology after a year?? You decide, Android or Apple...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I think I've probably dropped my phone about 3 times in the last 10 years, at most.
    In the same period Apple released at least 6 versions of the same phone.

So you are ok for now, just make sure you don't exceed natural iPhone relacement rate (once a year), because that might push you to get Android.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    You're either lying, an anti-social hermit or very un-observational.
    Or has friends who are less clumsy than yours

I think I've probably dropped my phone about 3 times in the last 10 years, at most.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    You're either lying, an anti-social hermit or very un-observational

I've seen plenty. Most people get the screen replaced, just not straight away as they want to find the best cost option first

Probably noticed more broken iphone screens than samsungs but that is probably due to a higher number of iphones than anything else, especially as the last couple of places I worked at used iphones as the corporate phone.
    I guess owners in one country are more careful than others.

Even still I'm I'm probably not getting out as much as you say working at home all the time. Nevertheless owner carelessness is zip to do with reliability.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

I've seen plenty. Most people get the screen replaced, just not straight away as they want to find the best cost option first

Probably noticed more broken iphone screens than samsungs but that is probably due to a higher number of iphones than anything else, especially as the last couple of places I worked at used iphones as the corporate phone.
    I've broken the screen on two of the three HTCs I've had. One I dropped getting out of a taxi when I was pissed and the other I threw to the ground and jumped up and down on. I sent it off to HTC and £80 later it came back good as new.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I've yet to see a broken screen. But if there are all over I'm sure I'll see one soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X