• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Holiday Ideas

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Holiday Ideas"

Collapse

• rurffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    I think you want Thailand for that.
    hahah! obviously you know that wasnt what i meant ha!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    They will be disguised

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by rurffy View Post
    any young lads on here for advice ?

Leave a comment:

• RedSauce
    replied
    Originally posted by rurffy View Post
    thanks for the suggestions. - I can then see my self going Amsterdam or/and Berlin then... any young lads on here for advice ?
    Depends how young you mean, i'm 28 and have been to Amsterdam a few times

Leave a comment:

• rurffy
    replied
    thanks for the suggestions. - I can then see my self going Amsterdam or/and Berlin then... any young lads on here for advice ?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Copenhagen and Berlin?

EDIT: actually just Berlin for the whole weekend, great nighlife, lots of historical stuff and museums for the daytime, good for shopping (if that's your thing). German beer/sausages. Last time I was there I stayed at the Hotel Melia Berlin, very respectable.
    Last edited by chef; 20 September 2013, 11:16.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    A washed up statistician by the sounds of it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Isn't it a bit muddy though, and risky if the tide's coming in?

Still, you never know what you might find down there.
    A washed up statistician by the sounds of it.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    A long walk on the South Bank on a sunny day always cures it though.
    Isn't it a bit muddy though, and risky if the tide's coming in?

Still, you never know what you might find down there.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Waiting for sasguru to say London, it is the best city in the world, there is no need to ever consider visiting anywhere else.
    I always suffer from PhD (Post-holiday depression) after coming back from holiday.
    A long walk on the South Bank on a sunny day always cures it though.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Waiting for sasguru to say London, it is the best city in the world, there is no need to ever consider visiting anywhere else.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    Talinn
    +1 or Vlinius. Any of the ex eastern block countries are a good choice if you like history,. They all have an old town with loads of culture and history.

I know it is a bit of stag haven now but you could try Krakow and book a trip round Austwitz as well. A really moving trip. We went on a rugby tour and even the hardest guys were moved by it. The town square and river side is gorgeous as well so not all doom and gloom.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I went for a long weekend to Istanbul at Easter - recommend it even with the riots (which appear to have subsided)

Leave a comment:

• RedSauce
    replied
    Talinn

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Why waste time with 2 countries in 3 days?

Just pick one place and enjoy it for longer
    Last edited by jmo21; 20 September 2013, 08:58.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X