• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Farting Risk Analysis"

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Yep, it'll be freezing as I left both windows wide open.
    Very considerate. Well done on surviving the night MTT.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Poor bloke. If there is anyone going in to clean your room, I feel sorry for them.
    Yep, it'll be freezing as I left both windows wide open.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Well once the fairground trucks switched off their engines at about 2 AM I got up and opened the window; the room was more than a little smelly but was quickly freshened up by a blast of cold air. Saw the priest from the next room this morning and he was looking a bit worse for wear; as I didn't see him in the bar yesterday I presume he either; went off for some drinkies somewhere else, or suffered a minor case of cranial oxygen shortage. I hope it was the first.
    Poor bloke. If there is anyone going in to clean your room, I feel sorry for them.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Well once the fairground trucks switched off their engines at about 2 AM I got up and opened the window; the room was more than a little smelly but was quickly freshened up by a blast of cold air. Saw the priest from the next room this morning and he was looking a bit worse for wear; as I didn't see him in the bar yesterday I presume he either; went off for some drinkies somewhere else, or suffered a minor case of cranial oxygen shortage. I hope it was the first.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied

UPDATE: there are now trucks outside setting up a fairground on the village green, so to cancel out the noise of diesel engines I have had to shut the window. You will know tomorrow morning whether I have died of methane poisoning.
    Are you dead?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    To the original list I would like to add the crowded public place risk, where complete strangers take exception. Just the other week I was standing outside of a shop waiting for a friend and a young lady, who was a good six feet away, got quite upset and called me a 'joker'. I'm now on a rather crowded train and while I'm fairly certain I could get away with it as another train passes I'd be wary of letting rip in a station.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Have I missed any risks and mitigations?
    Farts don't smell if you light them.

Whip out a cigarette lighter, cock one leg in the air and light that bad boy up as you let it rip. It produces a nice warm feeling in your anus but you have to watch it if you do a particularly long one because you can get a bit of a backdraft and an overly warm sensation. I can also inform you that you shouldn't do this in the computer room where they have highly sensitive fire detection equipment.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I don't think you can kill yourself with your own farts.

Then again I've not stayed in the room if they are that bad.
    If you stay in the room, you become acclimatised.

It's when you leave to have a pee, then come back in, that it knocks you out.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

UPDATE: there are now trucks outside setting up a fairground on the village green, so to cancel out the noise of diesel engines I have had to shut the window. You will know tomorrow morning whether I have died of methane poisoning.

I don't think you can kill yourself with your own farts.

Then again I've not stayed in the room if they are that bad.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    N'night

I can't give you any positive rep, so

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    There are some advantages to sleeping in lodgings in a place of catholic pilgrimage near clientco;

1 Unrestricted snoring without fear of elbows smashing my ribs

2 Unrestricted farting without fear of the silent but deadly female revenge

3 The priest in the next room can probably hear all the farts and snores but he knows it's the human condition, that I too am a creation of his God and he must accept it; besides, he's a jolly chap who shares a drinky and a chuckle with this heathen farter some evenings

N'night

I can't give you any positive rep, so

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    No, I've done too much sharing recently. All's well now though; the PJs are on.

Christ alive. I could go right off you.
    There are some advantages to sleeping in lodgings in a place of catholic pilgrimage near clientco;

1 Unrestricted snoring without fear of elbows smashing my ribs

2 Unrestricted farting without fear of the silent but deadly female revenge

3 The priest in the next room can probably hear all the farts and snores but he knows it's the human condition, that I too am a creation of his God and he must accept it; besides, he's a jolly chap who shares a drinky and a chuckle with this heathen farter some evenings

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Do you cycle to the office?

If so save them and use them as supplementary propulsion on the way in in the morning.
    I do indeed; 12 kms, a quick blast to get the systems fired up for the day.

If I'm not mistaken I've just let go a little hors d'oeuvre that gives a taste of the night's offerings; I think I'll sleep with the window open.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Care to share? Not because I care, but it would make the rest of us feel better to know we've not had as crap a day as you
    No, I've done too much sharing recently. All's well now though; the PJs are on.

Well I've just had some sprouts; this will benefit me in that it keeps the bed warm as I lie alone in my lodgings
    Christ alive. I could go right off you.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Well I've just had some sprouts; this will benefit me in that it keeps the bed warm as I lie alone in my lodgings, but it puts me under some pressure to release all the gases during the night to prevent ghastly emissions in the office tomorrow morning. Or maybe I should save them all up for tomorrow.
    Do you cycle to the office?

If so save them and use them as supplementary propulsion on the way in in the morning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X