• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contracts in Oil & Gas anybody?"

Collapse

• Antman
    replied
    Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
    Go to YouTube and see me in Spain's 2008 Eurovision entry
    madre mia!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

I would advertise that fact.

Leave a comment:

• Freaki Li Cuatre
    replied
    Originally posted by Antman View Post
    Nope, used to hear it about when I lived in Madrid about 7 years ago. All the "dale mas latigo" bobbins I prefer Juan Luis Guerra.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by rurffy View Post
    I wonder how much they paid in the 90s for contract roles .. any better ?
    (I was probably still in college then lol)
    Poorly at the start of the 90s, ridiculously high by the end when the "Millenium Bug"/Internet dev raised rates to phenomenal levels. In fact I never got as much again (working in dev) till I changed roles completely.

Leave a comment:

• rurffy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Once worked in Aberdeen in the 90s for an oil company (developing a tracking system if I recall).
    Feck me those guys threw money around like it was going out of fashion: best hotels, first class flights everywhere
    Was sorry when the contract came to an end, but the proceeds funded a deposit on one of my BTLs.
    At the time a 2-bed garden flat in a decent area of London was £60K. Oh happy days.
    I wonder how much they paid in the 90s for contract roles .. any better ?
    (I was probably still in college then lol)

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Once worked in Aberdeen in the 90s for an oil company (developing a tracking system if I recall).
    Feck me those guys threw money around like it was going out of fashion: best hotels, first class flights everywhere
    Was sorry when the contract came to an end, but the proceeds funded a deposit on one of my BTLs.
    At the time a 2-bed garden flat in a decent area of London was £60K. Oh happy days.

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Nope, used to hear it about when I lived in Madrid about 7 years ago. All the "dale mas latigo" bobbins I prefer Juan Luis Guerra.

Leave a comment:

• Mephisto
    replied
    Can't get a look-in

Several roles that in Telco or Banking world would have seen me at least get an interview have produced diddly squat.

Perhaps they're more intuitive

Leave a comment:

• Freaki Li Cuatre
    replied
    Originally posted by Antman View Post
    Off-topic,Freaki but are you a bit of a reggaeton fan then?
    Lol - do you know Rodolfo then?

Leave a comment:

• rurffy
    replied
    I'm in gas & electric.

On my best ever non London rate :

Place is Bobbed to the hilt though - even got Bob architects & PMs. The Indian Mafia - You have to watch your back. Stick everything in emails, copy everyone in etc. you know the score....
    But to be honest, those guys are kinda GOOD! I have one working side by side .. hes a geek.(But always smell like C** )

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Off-topic,Freaki but are you a bit of a reggaeton fan then?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I'm in gas & electric.

Place is Bobbed to the hilt though - even got Bob architects & PMs. The Indian Mafia - You have to watch your back. Stick everything in emails, copy everyone in etc. you know the score....
    been there done that. I'm supposedly the global expert on a commonly used system in production, nowadays I deny all knowledge as its boring as....

Leave a comment:

• Freaki Li Cuatre
    replied
    I'm in gas & electric.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Sounds like a siren call for Bob Shawadiwadi

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    started a topic Contracts in Oil & Gas anybody?

Contracts in Oil & Gas anybody?

BBC News - Skills shortage in oil and gas sector 'pushing wages up'

Working...
X