• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Osborne: We've saved the economy and proved Labour wrong"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I can see that, but where do they think that their extra money came from before the election?
    "
    re·cov·er·y
    riˈkəvərē/
    noun
    noun: recovery; plural noun: recoveries

a return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength"

The ekonomy might be stabilised, but all this talk of recovery is only relevant to the consumer real estate which is being propped up by printing money and making crazy taxpayer backed guarantees.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Looking at the comments on the BBC website, most seem to be disputing that there is a recovery, because people have less money to spend now than they had before the last election.

I can see that, but where do they think that their extra money came from before the election?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Not just buildings - The MoD owns loads of land, including as I recall a fair sized chunk of North West Scotland as a bombing range and training area.
    Why dont they move it to Glasgow?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Who would be crazy enough to sell off all the buildings the government owns?

David Cameron's secret plan to cut UK's £149bn debt by selling off property - Telegraph
    Not just buildings - The MoD owns loads of land, including as I recall a fair sized chunk of North West Scotland as a bombing range and training area. The MoD tried to extend this earlier this year, by buying the lighthouse at Cape Wrath, no doubt to be better able to exclude civvies from the whole area. But the locals and ramblers' associations scuppered those plans.

Also of course the MoD owns Salisbury plain, although I don't know how large that holding is or how much could be developed if they were forced to sell it

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    And the wallpaper in his house was free.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And he's got quite a bit of money
    And the wallpaper in his house was free.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Bet he has a sofa though
    Mine is due for delivery in 2014...

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The only thing Osborne has proven beyond doubt is that he is an idiot.

HTH
    I'm not sure he is an idiot. At least he understands two fundamentals: an economy should balance, and there's an election to fight in two years time.

He appears to be a sneering, nasty oik though. I'll forgive him this time as Balls is his main target, and speaking of idiots...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And he is not a virgin.
    And he's got quite a bit of money

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Bet he has a sofa though
    And he is not a virgin.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

HTH
    Bet he has a sofa though

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Osborne: We've saved the economy and proved Labour wrong - Telegraph

Please tell me its April 1st and this is some sort of joke?

Only 2 reasons economy looks better. QE and the help to buy policy. Our export position is not getting any better. Still way too much red tape for our industries to compete.

Gggrrrrr

HTH

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Sorry to hear that.
    And you have your office expenses/German taxes/house rent to think of too.
    Yes, their not cheap. Must be about €3000 pcm.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Really crap rates here.
    Sorry to hear that.
    And you have your office expenses/German taxes/house rent to think of too.
    It must feel awful to pay someone else's retirement fund.
    Still I suppose someone has to keep us property owning types in the style to which we are accustomed.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    God knows what you do if you live in an exporting country: probably get a pittance providing small services to the exporters.
    Really crap rates here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X