• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Der Untergang/Downfall"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Planned to watch Solaris (1972) again sometime, but found to my annoyance that the DVD case was empty! Cost £35 too.

Mind you, at almost 3 hours it does go on a bit. There's a 10 minute section which is nothing but a close up of one of the crew's ears
    Also the long scene in the car driving to the space port, was some sort of well deep hidden meaning - turned out it was cos Tarky got out of SU for a bit at a film fest in Japan, and just filmed loads of driving in Hokkaido or whatever (spellchecker) and stuck it in the movie for no reason at all other than he had it in the can..

Now all the arty fukkers analyse the deep meaning when there is none.

Art FFS...

Still a great film, Salyaris - Solaris, cool OS...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    MF negged me for this - fair enough but it was 00:10 yesterday - pissed?

Oddly, MF also recently negged me for some ages old post a week back, and then shortly after Mudskipper posi-repped me for the same post.

Should I be concerned? Shirley they aren't sockies?

The only negs I get now are from MF, and they are mostly ad-hoc, like saying 'Dull' without any constructive analysis.

Oh well...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Planned to watch Solaris (1972) again sometime, but found to my annoyance that the DVD case was empty! Cost £35 too.

Mind you, at almost 3 hours it does go on a bit. There's a 10 minute section which is nothing but a close up of one of the crew's ears

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    I haven't, watched the first 20 minutes a few times but can never get any further
    Same here, not a big Sci-Fi fan.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    This is obviously trolling! Everybody has seen Blade Runner.
    Nope

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    I haven't, watched the first 20 minutes a few times but can never get any further
    I'm not listening, la la la la

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Actually, I was thinking of watching Blade Runner (which I've still never seen,

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Still as well as Downfall, it did give us Hitler cat, and the welsh house that looks like Hitler and of course otherwise there would be no CUK grammar Nazis
    We got salad cream as well don't forget

Quite topical really, Rochus Misch died on friday

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    There is only one Downfall Parody you need to see

Any excuse to show it again, it slips my mind who did it originally

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Never saw it until after seeing quite a few parodies; e.g. BNP membership list leak: "That fat **** Griffin! He couldn't run a bath!" etc.

Bought it on iTunes once I realised it was a highly-regarded film, and by now I must have watched it half-a-dozen times. I think it's incredibly powerful. One of the things that impressed me was that it's powerful enough to overcome the mental influence of those parodies (although of course I'm still vaguely aware of them when watching it) by drawing me so deeply into the situation.

Actually, I was thinking of watching Blade Runner (which I've still never seen, but I bought a DVD a couple of months back and can rip it in a few minutes) tonight, but now you've made me think of it, I'll watch Downfall again. Cheers :nazi:

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    The SAP downfall meme was especially good

Still as well as Downfall, it did give us Hitler cat, and the welsh house that looks like Hitler and of course otherwise there would be no CUK grammar Nazis

Leave a comment:

• stek
    started a topic Der Untergang/Downfall

Der Untergang/Downfall

Watched it when it came out, great movie - A1..

It's on iTunes HD for 6.99 so I got it, rewatched and now it's spoilt - keep thinking about Xbox, Gamer points and Sheffield United.

Bugger, damn those internet memes...

Still, makes u think, who's worse, Russians or Germans?

Working...
X