• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Does anyone remember James Burke?"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yet another in the long list of Oxbridge English graduates with great communication skills, but no real depth to their scientific knowledge, taking in the masses.
    He has that rare skill of being bright and having a strong technical understanding but can communicate complex technologies to anyone. Unlike most of you propeller heads who like to hide behind your technolgy

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yet another in the long list of Oxbridge English graduates with great communication skills, but no real depth to their scientific knowledge, taking in the masses.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    He was on radio 4 this morning. we all thought he was dead.
    Brilliant and fascinating man:

https://news.ok.ubc.ca/2013/01/23/te...tys-not-ready/

without doubt the world will change dramatically over the next 50 years
    My favourite TV presenter of all time (just edging out The Beloved Attenbrough). I heard him on Radio 4 PM yesterday.

They read his 20 year predictions (that took 40 years to come true but who's quibbling).

Fascinating what he thinks about the next 40 years with nano-technology coming to the fore.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

The Tomorrow's World presenter who predicted free electricity from nuclear power and we will all be using flying machines to get to work by the year 2000

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Thats an interesting view DA. Do you have any evidence to back it up ?

Most people I know think the world will be exactly the same as it is now. Nothing will change, except the Hovis adverts will have bagpipes instead of trombones.

I have put my grandkids on alert, thanks to your prophesy. Things will definately change.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    James Burke's Connections. How could I ever forget, Great TV.

ISTR he also did the TV coverage for the moon landings.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    started a topic Does anyone remember James Burke?

Does anyone remember James Burke?

Working...
X