• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is every contractor depressed?"

Collapse

• Phoenix
    replied
    Std

Leave a comment:

• djfoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Emperor Dalek
    ELO are much better...
    Top banana!

Bring back the 70's. And the 80's while you're at it.

Leave a comment:

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by djfoot
    that'll be OMD, you plum!
    ELO are much better...

ELO top 'guilty secret' song list

Leave a comment:

• jlg15333
    replied
    RE: Is every contractor depressed?

I don't think contracing makes you depressed so much as the fact that invariably bein a contractor takes you away from your home Mon - Fri which can be a real dra if you have a wife and kids.
    I love the job & the people are great - it's just the life on the road/bedsit/digs that I hate and the feeling like I'm missing my kids grow up!

Leave a comment:

• djfoot
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN
    OMG (not the pop group of the 90's
    that'll be OMD, you plum!

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    "Why are you in the game if you hate it so much?"

Show me the money. SHOW ME THE MONEY!

I strictly do it for the money. I dont really like it. Its boring. Im very good at it and so there isnt any challenge.

The problem is, having done things away from IT which are very diverse -they so far havent paid as much, have not been guaranteed, have been much harder work but have been a damn sight more fun.

Then the missus gets herself knocked up and.........

OMG (not the pop group of the 90's), that's exactly what is happening/happened to me!

I hate the work I do, where I do it and the people I work with are about as exciting as drone bees. But I'm very good at it and really the money is the only reason I stick it out -- and will hope to stick it out for the next 5 or 6 years in order to be able to choose my next move with somewhat more freedom. Free your house, build up a reasonable nest egg and then you can really loosen those bonds.

And now the baby wants a piece of the pie!

Leave a comment:

• Badgers Armpit
    replied
    Is this fellow the Chris Eubank of contracting?

[lisp]
    "Contracting is barbaric. I only do it for the money"
    [/lisp]

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan

I strictly do it for the money. I dont really like it. Its boring. Im very good at it and so there isnt any challenge.

The problem is, having done things away from IT which are very diverse -they so far havent paid as much, have not been guaranteed, have been much harder work but have been a damn sight more fun.

Best bit of sense spoken about this thread !

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    <scouse_accent>
    Calm down! Calm down!

</scouse_accent>

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    Yes. I propose it's scrapped.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Anyone fancy a debate on IR35?

Leave a comment:

• Wonderstuff
    replied
    I sit on an 8 all day. Only have to get up when it becomes an 80 when the turtle head appears.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bovvered
    Andyw, you're the kind of contractor that makes me sick.

Why are you in the game if you hate it so much? You can't exactly say it's for the cash one you've already stated that you don't work for the cash!
    He's not a contractor - he's a caravanner troll.
    Some scummy disease we picked up on our summer tour.

Leave a comment:

• Bovvered
    replied
    Andyw, you're the kind of contractor that makes me sick.

Why are you in the game if you hate it so much? You can't exactly say it's for the cash one you've already stated that you don't work for the cash!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X