• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Want to share services of a lawyer and accountant among a group of us"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    You'd get more takers if you suggested sharing the services of a boatload of hookers.
    Musclebound isn't really my thing, but he's quite cute.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    You'd get more takers if you suggested sharing the services of a boatload of hookers.
    I'll sign up for that! Although i'd rather be a giver than a taker

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Edt View Post
    I wasn;t aware of qdos etc, they look like so many more hangers on.
    I'm afraid I honestly dont understand a waord of most ofthe comments, but I get the gist.

The likelihood of two contractors cooperating on anything other than a slanging match i as likely as a freebie form the agency.

ciao
    You claim to be a contractor and are not aware of QDOS and the like? I think your best option would be to delete your CUK account and fix whatever it is that you are typing on.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    What has got into you? Did you have a good sense makeover?

Leave a comment:

• Edt
    replied
    nice

I wasn;t aware of qdos etc, they look like so many more hangers on.
    I'm afraid I honestly dont understand a waord of most ofthe comments, but I get the gist.

The likelihood of two contractors cooperating on anything other than a slanging match i as likely as a freebie form the agency.

ciao

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Hi,
    I'm testing for interest on the idea of a largeish group, maybe dozens, I dont know hiring a lawyer and an accountant to negotiate oour contracts and look after our companies and maybe expand into other services
    We should be able to get a very favourable deal better than going it alone, but not tied to each other.

your thoughts would be interesting.

For exapmle, how much would be agood deal?
    20% sounds reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    This smells a little like the OP wants to set up a contractor's union.
    Get on to Bob Crow and see if he wants to help out.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Much better with one 'o'
    OOUR

OOURИз Википедије, слободне енциклопедије
    Скочи на: навигација, претрага Основна јединица удруженог рада била је организациони део радне организације преко које радни људи остварују самоуправљање средствима друштвене репродукције и обезбеђују учешће у дохотку на начелима солидарности и узајамности, у складу са самопуравним споразумима и друштвеним договорима. Овакво поимање процеса рада и његове организације било је изведено из Марксовог учења и комунистичке идеологије уопште.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    How would that work?
    Much better with one 'o'

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Hi,
    I'm testing for interest on the idea of a largeish group, maybe dozens, I dont know hiring a lawyer and an accountant to negotiate oour contracts and look after our companies and maybe expand into other services
    We should be able to get a very favourable deal better than going it alone, but not tied to each other.

How would that work?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Lawyer = money grabbing crook (apart from two QCs I know)
    Accountant, good ones are very expensive and would cost more than I earn however, they are not contract negotiators; that comes with experience and skill.
    I suggest you do some reading on contract law at the library.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You mean like QDOS, Baur & Cottrell, SJD, InTouch etc etc???!?
    No. He means like Darren Upton.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You mean like QDOS, Baur & Cottrell, SJD, InTouch etc etc???!?

Are you 'financial analysts' sockie?

Leave a comment:

• Want to share services of a lawyer and accountant among a group of us

Hi,

Working...
X