• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Celtic v Shakhter Karagandy"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Greatest night of my footballing life ?? What, beating a bunch that earlier in this season's competition knocked out BATE Borisov, the only team last season to beat Bayern Munich, the current reigning European Champions ?
    ftfy

Anyway, just Barcelona, AC Milan, and Ajax to get past now. Piece of cake!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    From шахтёр - miner apparently....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Anyone know what Shaktar means? I do, had to ask though and it's not very interesting, just wondered why so many FSU teams have the monicker...
    It is something to do with the Soviet Mining Industry.

FC Shakhtar Donetsk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The club Shakhtar was originally formed in May 1936 and was initially named Stakhanovets, meaning "the participant of Stakhanovite movement," which derived from Aleksei Stakhanov, a coal-miner in the Donets basin and propaganda celebrity in 1935.
    The All-Union coal mining society of Stakhanovite had changed its name in July 1946 to Shakhtyor.
    It is also mentioned below as part of the Voluntary Sports Societies of the Soviet Union

Voluntary Sports Societies of the Soviet Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Beside those, there were also numerous other sport societies that preceded the above mentioned or were less represented such as Vympel (River transportation) and Moryak (Sea transportation) combined into Vodnik, Stakhanovets (Mining industry) changed into Shakhter, and others. There even was a society of DOSAAF which was a volunteer society in cooperation with the Army, Aviation, and Fleet (notice the combination of the last three letters).

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Runs With Scissors View Post
    WTMS - Two cheeks of the same @rse.
    2 decidedly different sized and shaped cheeks that are spread quite far apart these days it has to be said.

Leave a comment:

• Runs With Scissors
    replied
    FFS. Lennon is a complete c**t.

Greatest night of my footballing life ?? What, beating a bunch of part timers of the standard of Albion Rovers ?

And Commons, 'Nobody will want to come here'. Aye Chris, only because Parkhead is a sh1thole. I can't see Morinho crapping his keks about your footballing ability.

C**ts, I hate both halves of the old firm !!
    WTMS - Two cheeks of the same @rse.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Coincidentally, Shakhter were knocked out by the same scoreline two years ago, by St Patrick's Athletic.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Going by all the reactions I thought Celtic had won the Champions League itself!

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
    Oh well, wtf. They'll no doubt be meeting up again in the Europa League in a few weeks time.
    For that to happen Celtic must avoid finishing bottom of their group.

Leave a comment:

• Freaki Li Cuatre
    replied
    Oh well, wtf. They'll no doubt be meeting up again in the Europa League in a few weeks time.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I do like a good goat.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I do like a good goat.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Greatest night of my footballing life ?? What, beating a bunch of part timers of the standard of Albion Rovers ?

And Commons, 'Nobody will want to come here'. Aye Chris, only because Parkhead is a sh1thole. I can't see Morinho crapping his keks about your footballing ability.

I do like a good gloat.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Always hate the way rangers forums delete all the celtic threads at times like this, I like a good gloat.
    it's a good job you are not a monotonous twat

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Always hate the way rangers forums delete all the celtic threads at times like this, I like a good gloat.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    **** me, they did it as well. Well done Celtic...There'll be a few bleary eyes in Glasgow tomorrow morning

Leave a comment:

Working...
X