• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Steve Ballmer is to retire"

Collapse

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    *yawn*

Will someone rid us of this troublesome sockie?

tia

oops ! Sorry about that.

I thought a Ballmer supporting sockie would be perfect for the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    it is interesting how every Geek has an opinion on microsoft yet none of them have a clue about how business is run or a clue about any other company.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    A Collection of Quotes From Steve Ballmer - John Paczkowski - News - AllThingsD

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    FTFY
    ^ or this ^

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Sorry your CUK posting career will be extremely short lived...
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by ExPermie View Post
    Disagree, from what I've experienced, a large amount of businesses have no interest in the cloud and are indeed sticking with traditional MS licensing models or those provided by hardware suppliers, particularly Dell and along with resellers/consultancy/managed service suppliers.

The biggest cost appears to be support and the staff required to provide such support.
    Yeah you're right about the amount of staff The number of staff needed to feed and water 100,000 automated AWS servers is 1 person. Now compare that with your traditional model of a bunch of windows guys that are mostly too stupid to be able to shell script their environment and instead resort to needing RDP. Sorry your market will be extremely short lived...

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    I think the share lift on this news says it all.

Ballmer always had his eye on the bottom line so he did make a good income for Microsoft but he never was much of an innovator, he killed quite a few good ideas before they could fly so us IT bods are more likely to not like him. What do we care about profits at Microsoft (provided they stay in business)?

The pain he gave us was things like learning a new technology from Microsoft only to find it withdrawn or put out to pasture at short notice.

MS has not been innovating well the last few years and has made a few wrong calls because it keeps trying to ride the coat-tails of their competitors rather than lead from the front - and that is Ballmer's doing. I think he was good once but he should have stepped aside a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You're an assclown.
    A Ballmer fan as well! I thought my opinion of you couldn't get any worse, but you managed it! You have sunken to new depths.
    Last edited by russell; 24 August 2013, 00:02.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    LOL...nice try but utter bollox!

BTW, the iOS brought Unix to the masses whilst Linux is still a plaything.

Why aren't you frustrated at Apple for not using Linux?
    Dear oh dear, shall we reveal to retardo which operating system Google, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube most DNS/smtp/web servers all run on their servers?

Not to mention Android which as 80% market share of smart phones?

Oh wait, maybe retardo is talking about desktop PC's in the office? Yes the ones you are forced to use. So basically every time you use a computer you use a Linux OS (unless you just create spreadsheets all day without touching the internet).
    Last edited by russell; 23 August 2013, 23:56.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It's a pity you resort to such behaviour
    That's nothing.

It's when you wake up and see horses' head next to you then you'd know somebody got upset at you.

Leave a comment:

• ExPermie
    replied
    Thanks for the negative rep from the usual suspects, has been returned in kind. It's a pity you resort to such behaviour rather than accept that folk can and will disagree with your organised MS bashing...which is quite sad.

Leave a comment:

• ExPermie
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes but you are quite limited after all
    Which one were you? The curly haired geezer?

Well?
    Last edited by ExPermie; 23 August 2013, 23:07.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    What a strange name you have? Reminds me of some episode from Color Climax Vol 212.
    Yes but you are quite limited after all

Leave a comment:

• ExPermie
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I can tell you're not very economically successful. Its because you'll always be fixated on irrelevant bollux.

Hth, bisdi.
    What a strange name you have? Reminds me of an episode from Color Climax Vol 212.
    Last edited by ExPermie; 23 August 2013, 22:54. Reason: An

Leave a comment:

Working...
X