• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Gadget of the day

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gadget of the day"

Collapse

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    US only I believe, I am looking for a good USB drive with hardware encryption, its a bugger to find one that I can buy over here
    ?

You get them on amazon. Mine just arrived.

They do others with tamper proof metal cases & on-board password manager and secure browser, but I figured I could sort that out myself. There are other brands as well, not all of them offer quite the same level of physical security, some use software based encryption and so on, although some do. You can get HDD with the same features if you need more capacity.
    Last edited by doodab; 20 August 2013, 09:21.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    US only I believe, I am looking for a good USB drive with hardware encryption, its a bugger to find one that I can buy over here
    I use an external USB 3 based Buffalo 2 1/2 shock proof hard disc, it's got hardware encryption so windows won't see it until you enter your password. It's big enough to store plenty of VHD images for virtualisation

Does it have to be a pen drive ?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Don't put anything on there that you don't have a backup of somewhere else.

They have a habit of losing or corrupting files. Probably due to cheap Chinese electronics + cheap Chinese programmers doing the encryption code.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    You can get them over here.

The UK's Authorised Reseller for IRONKEY Secure USB Flash Drive - Lowest UK prices guaranteed

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Have you started a relationship with a Guardian reporter?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I just got one of these.

IronKey? D80 | Cost-Effective Encrypted Flash Drive | IronKey

I am going to start using it instead of google docs.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    started a topic Gadget of the day

Gadget of the day

I just got one of these.

IronKey? D80 | Cost-Effective Encrypted Flash Drive | IronKey

I am going to start using it instead of google docs.

Working...
X