• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oooh I almost forgot....Boom"

Collapse

• SeekingIT
    replied
    Well done!!

Cool..........

Now bit more room on bench......

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Excellent!

Leave a comment:

• NCOTBAC
    replied
    Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    Thanks all. Biggest plus for me is that it isn't finance. No pre-employment screening and a chance to get some new experience.

No, only two or so. I've been contracting for 16 years and a tulip accountant got me into a bit of a mess (okay, I helped ) and it was the easier option for a bit. I'm fed up with handing over too much of the readies though and when I realised that the quote I got for accountancy fees was less than the brolly's fees, I decided it was time to do things properly again.
    Double boom them! Welcome back to proper contracting

oh yeah...

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Thanks all. Biggest plus for me is that it isn't finance. No pre-employment screening and a chance to get some new experience.

Originally posted by NCOTBAC View Post
    One of these appears to be in order...

You have been with an umbrella for 10 years?
    No, only two or so. I've been contracting for 16 years and a tulip accountant got me into a bit of a mess (okay, I helped ) and it was the easier option for a bit. I'm fed up with handing over too much of the readies though and when I realised that the quote I got for accountancy fees was less than the brolly's fees, I decided it was time to do things properly again.

Leave a comment:

• NCOTBAC
    replied
    One of these appears to be in order...

You have been with an umbrella for 10 years?

Leave a comment:

• MadDawg
    replied
    Excellent

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Congrats

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    started a topic Oooh I almost forgot....Boom

Oooh I almost forgot....Boom

Managed to secure a nice role so only just over a month on the bench.

Three monther initially but a load of work so hopefully a lot longer.

Also ditching the umbrella thing, realised just how much income I was missing out on so new company now up and running.

Best of all though, after over 10 years in the finance sector, I've finally escaped into a different sector, so woo hoo.

Working...
X