• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Attn: Developers and Sys or Application Admins"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Did you take the extension offered?
    I said if one was offered I'd consider it.

How they wish to interpret that statement is their concern...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    *meanwhile, considers chucking this contract because 3 agents have contacted me about another contract paying £200pd more...*
    Did you take the extension offered?

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Do it.
    ^^
    This !

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    *meanwhile, considers chucking this contract because 3 agents have contacted me about another contract paying £200pd more...*
    Do it.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Hey managers, why not go and learn a trade instead of postulating on how skilled people should do their jobs?
    Because the pay is awful.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    hey testers - why not just test in line with the test plan instead of making it up as you go along...

#just askin loike
    Hahaha I'd be happy to deliver what's in a test plan as long as it absolves me of any responsibility afterwards

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    While you were in there did you make sure that all the hard coded IP addresses that got buried in code the were reset to point back at the Mumbai development servers despite the Environment manager having to spend the previous week finding them and changing them by hand to reflect the Test environment? Oh and dont forget the hardcoded passwords either
    Nah, I removed them as it did not look like they were being used.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Hey managers, why not go and learn a trade instead of postulating on how skilled people should do their jobs?
    I am NOT a fu<kin manager

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    hey testers - why not just test in line with the test plan instead of making it up as you go along...

#just askin loike

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Hang on, I noticed a bug in some of the multi threading control code so I quickly hacked a fix in, it should not change anything else. Whilst I was there I refactored some of the older code too so it should work better.
    While you were in there did you make sure that all the hard coded IP addresses that got buried in code the were reset to point back at the Mumbai development servers despite the Environment manager having to spend the previous week finding them and changing them by hand to reflect the Test environment? Oh and dont forget the hardcoded passwords either

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

#just askin loike

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Hang on, I noticed a bug in some of the multi threading control code so I quickly hacked a fix in, it should not change anything else. Whilst I was there I refactored some of the older code too so it won't work at all.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Hang on, I noticed a bug in some of the multi threading control code so I quickly hacked a fix in, it should not change anything else. Whilst I was there I refactored some of the older code too so it should work better.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Putting my Environments hat on, why has someone let Dev's access to Test Environments?

If I could get away with it I'd change the admin password here and only let people access to where I want them to meddle
    Last time I owned an environment, that's exactly what I did. I wandered in on the monday spent the week watching the access logs then on friday morning wandered into the CTO's office for a quiet chat. Monday morning the Test and Pre prod envs were locked and now off limits to the Dev teams. with only code deployments allowed by the sysadmin teams and testing team.

Works really well after the shouting dies down...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X