• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "System Administrator Appreciation Day"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Is it a just a wintel thing? But I find the majority of windows admins less than useless... When I did unix admin work the guys would all share scripts and try and do things smarter but the winny guys just sit there chewing the cud...
    I think you hit the nail on the head. The last lot of windows admins I worked with didn't want to share their knowledge and were tulip scared of scripting.

I got the impression they would rather buy a product in than do anything remotely inventive/adventurous themselves.

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Lights flame touches blue paper and flees
    Flames duly fanned

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    If the ones here weren't all useless, I might appreciate them more.
    Is it a just a wintel thing? But I find the majority of windows admins less than useless... When I did unix admin work the guys would all share scripts and try and do things smarter but the winny guys just sit there chewing the cud...

Lights flame touches blue paper and flees

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Last time I showed admin my appreciation I caught a throat infection
    Cost me 50 quid on top of the infection!! Count yourself lucky!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Last time I showed admin my appreciation I caught a throat infection

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    If the ones here weren't all useless, I might appreciate them more.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    started a topic System Administrator Appreciation Day

System Administrator Appreciation Day

Is today: SysAdmin Day | System Administrator Appreciation Day

Working...
X