• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Burpee Challenge/ Getting fit"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Wouldn't one hand bicycle be enough?

Or did you mean second-hand?
    your coat, sir ---->

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Get a 2nd hand bicycle or a rowing machine instead.
    Wouldn't one hand bicycle be enough?

Or did you mean second-hand?

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    if running is bad for your joints then burpees will be even worse. Get a 2nd hand bicycle or a rowing machine instead. Or go swimming.
    Thanks, I have a bike might just start cycling 3-4 times a week, it seems the most enjoyable way to exercise, well almost.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I would not be suprised! That is a beast of a workout though, did all of your team train like that?
    Only the sevens players. Fook me, I'm glad that's over.

Did these on alternate days;

Jingle Jangles | FitnessNews | Rugby News

Last edited by Mich the Tester; 24 July 2013, 08:53.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I used to do burpees with a 10kg weighted vest, 20 at a time, 5 sets with slow jogging recovery. It was very effective but probably contributed to buggering up my knee.
    I would not be suprised! That is a beast of a workout though, did all of your team train like that?

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Do you go them with the push up and jump? Do integrate a 180 degree turn as you jump?
    At the rowing club we call those ones Bastards

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I used to do burpees with a 10kg weighted vest, 20 at a time, 5 sets with slow jogging recovery. It was very effective but probably contributed to buggering up my knee.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Burpees are great/horrible. I had them on my circuits this morning before work but sadly/luckily my alarm did not go off so I did not have time to train before taking my daughter to nursery.

However you might not want to depend purely on them and them only. Could you integrate them into a training routine which covers things a little more generally?

Do you go them with the push up and jump? Do integrate a 180 degree turn as you jump?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    As soon as I stopped playing rugby I swore I would never do a bloody burpee again in my life. I don't mind running repeated shuttle sprints in the blazing sun, I don't mind riding time trials on the bike at 35 degrees like yesterday afternoon and I'm still prone to rowing myself into a fit of puking on the concept2, but burpees, no, never again.

Leave a comment:

• Martin@AS Financial
    replied
    Originally posted by proggy View Post
    I am thinking of doing the burpee challenge for 100 days. It seems like a good way to get fit gradually. Any of the fitness experts have any opinion on it? I used to run to keep fit but not so good on the joints. Any other suggestions, would prefer something that can been done at home.
    Good man. I hate Burpees but they get results - maybe try super-setting with straight leg deadlifts as well.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I did a burpee and a fartee this morning.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    10 press ups with clap
    10 crunches
    10 alt leg thrusts
    10 burpees
    10 alt Sit ups
    10 super mans
    10 star jumps
    10 press ups
    10 straight sit ups
    10 burpees

1 min rest

20m press up crawl.

And you’re warmed up!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I hate burpees but if you need some inspiration this should help:

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    if running is bad for your joints then burpees will be even worse. Get a 2nd hand bicycle or a rowing machine instead. Or go swimming.

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    Great replies guys I knew I could count in you all!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X