• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Burpee Challenge/ Getting fit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burpees are great/horrible. I had them on my circuits this morning before work but sadly/luckily my alarm did not go off so I did not have time to train before taking my daughter to nursery.

However you might not want to depend purely on them and them only. Could you integrate them into a training routine which covers things a little more generally?

Do you go them with the push up and jump? Do integrate a 180 degree turn as you jump?
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I used to do burpees with a 10kg weighted vest, 20 at a time, 5 sets with slow jogging recovery. It was very effective but probably contributed to buggering up my knee.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        Do you go them with the push up and jump? Do integrate a 180 degree turn as you jump?
        At the rowing club we call those ones Bastards

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I used to do burpees with a 10kg weighted vest, 20 at a time, 5 sets with slow jogging recovery. It was very effective but probably contributed to buggering up my knee.
          I would not be suprised! That is a beast of a workout though, did all of your team train like that?
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            I would not be suprised! That is a beast of a workout though, did all of your team train like that?
            Only the sevens players. Fook me, I'm glad that's over.

Did these on alternate days;

Jingle Jangles | FitnessNews | Rugby News

Last edited by Mich the Tester; 24 July 2013, 08:53.

Comment

if running is bad for your joints then burpees will be even worse. Get a 2nd hand bicycle or a rowing machine instead. Or go swimming.
              Thanks, I have a bike might just start cycling 3-4 times a week, it seems the most enjoyable way to exercise, well almost.

Comment

Get a 2nd hand bicycle or a rowing machine instead.
                Wouldn't one hand bicycle be enough?

Or did you mean second-hand?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Wouldn't one hand bicycle be enough?

Or did you mean second-hand?
                  your coat, sir ---->

Comment

Working...
                  X