• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Right that is it, the toys have left the pram.................."

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Ooops!

"We identify missing images and files alerting you to problems."

Erro.rs - About

http://erro.rs/Home/img/gallery/16rct-l.jpg - 404
    Thanks, the alert arrived just before you reported the issue.

Annoyingly I'm not paying any attention to the site at the moment. Clientco is consuming all my time due to stupid decisions from months ago.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Wouldn't you be better off fixing the errors on your plan C website than getting pissy with me?

Ooops!

"We identify missing images and files alerting you to problems."

Erro.rs - About

http://erro.rs/Home/img/gallery/16rct-l.jpg - 404

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Wouldn't you be better off fixing the errors on your plan C website than getting pissy with me?
    Good point well made but after the day I've had arguing the toss with someone for no good reason is more enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    So you admit you're a big cock. And you're proud to be one.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Does it? You're suffering from penis envy?
    So you admit you're a big cock. And you're proud to be one.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    That explains everything
    Does it? You're suffering from penis envy?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I don't have one.
    That explains everything

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I've known your one for years
    I don't have one.

Did you mean you're?

This coffee shortage is really getting to you isn't it.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    No I didn't. That is you jumping to conclusions.

I asked a question that wasn't even a java question but about processing a particular kind of data structure and you decided that my client's requirement to hire someone who has CS background knowledge over and above how to use off the shelf frameworks marks me out as a when actually I'm just trying to find someone at least as competent as me and preferably somewhat better.

I think you are a twat.
    I've known your one for years

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Because you claimed to be a Java expert throughout the thread where we took the mickey out of your cack-handed questions....
    No I didn't. That is you jumping to conclusions.

I asked a question that wasn't even a java question but about processing a particular kind of data structure and you decided that my client's requirement to hire someone who has CS background knowledge over and above how to use off the shelf frameworks marks me out as a
    Originally posted by eek
    no it all (sic)
    when actually I'm just trying to find someone at least as competent as me and preferably somewhat better.

I think you are a twat. Perhaps that's just me jumping to conclusions.
    Last edited by doodab; 22 July 2013, 19:00.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Why did you think that?
    Because you claimed to be a Java expert throughout the thread where we took the mickey out of your cack-handed questions....

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I thought you knew the history of java and all its advantages over "other languages". Oh you don't
    Why did you think that?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I gave up coffee in November 2007. You should try it.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    So why didn't you use C++ instead, seeing as it makes you so much more productive?
    Because the set top box the system was for was designed to run a particular language. One designed explicitly for the purpose as C++ (the initial approach) didn't cut it.

I thought you knew the history of java and all its advantages over "other languages". Oh you don't
    Last edited by eek; 22 July 2013, 18:38.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I did
    So why didn't you use C++ instead, seeing as it makes you so much more productive?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X