• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Health and safety poll"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    I climbed trees much taller than that at 10

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    I used to play on building sites when I was young, I remember one time, playing in a JCB without the engine running, pulling a lever and the bucket lowering on the front, nearly crapped myself, I must have been about 7.

The whole site was like Counterstrike for real, running around half built houses, piles of sand, bricks, dumper trucks, jcbs etc...

It's such a Nanny state these days.
    WHS

We used to do the same. Hide and seek on building sites. We used to run along the top of half built walls two storeys up to escape each other, or run across the rafters if the roof was being built. Great fun, but my parents would have gone mental if they'd seen us. Had to leg it from the a couple of times but never got caught

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    When I bought house in 1998 the JCB driver let a child have a drive. The child floored it and it headed towards an occupied house. Last moment the driver grabbed the wheel and ran over a sports car before embedding the JCB into the side of a transit.

It was fun to watch.
    What's the point of anything fun happening before YouTube was around.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I want to know why the kid is wearing padded jacket and gloves in this heatwave. More likely to die of hyperthermia.
    Photo was taken in February – there is snow on the houses behind

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    When I bought house in 1998 the JCB driver let a child have a drive. The child floored it and it headed towards an occupied house. Last moment the driver grabbed the wheel and ran over a sports car before embedding the JCB into the side of a transit.

It was fun to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    I used to play on building sites when I was young, I remember one time, playing in a JCB without the engine running, pulling a lever and the bucket lowering on the front, nearly crapped myself, I must have been about 7.

The whole site was like Counterstrike for real, running around half built houses, piles of sand, bricks, dumper trucks, jcbs etc...

It's such a Nanny state these days.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 19 July 2013, 07:53.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I want to know why the kid is wearing padded jacket and gloves in this heatwave. More likely to die of hyperthermia.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Given that its in Liverpool; it's probably the safest place for the kid

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    He shouldn't have been up there, but an 80 hour community order seems like a bit of an overreaction.

If the kid was left unsupervised rather than at work with dad, he'd probably be up to far worse.

Can't vote, as the poll fails CUK regulations.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The andyw option has gone downhill.
    +1 No Andyw = no poll

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    The andyw option has gone downhill.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Well looking at that scaffold I would not go on it (missing hand rails / bracing / ladder gates / ties ) so no, sprog should not be up there.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    started a poll Health and safety poll

Health and safety poll

Was it fook? It's like a playground for a ten year old!
    87.50%
    Of course. That's how Suity got vertigo!!
    12.50%
    Dad lets son play on 20 foot high scaffolding as he works on roof | The Sun |News

Working...
X