• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Something for our northern readers to laugh at"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    How much!!!

This is what you can get for (under) £400k oop north
    Property Full Details | Alan Kirkham

Has the added bonus of not being surrounded by c_nts and includes 2 Acres Of Garden And Woodland Areas
    Wife watches that London ******* property programme - err I mean Escape to the Country. Not quite sure what that title is supposed to mean exactly BTW.

I faint at the prices of property..but then when I see it from a perspective of a Londoner where even a cardboard box goes for £100k, I can see that those places are "bargains".

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    How much!!!

Has the added bonus of not being surrounded by c_nts and includes 2 Acres Of Garden And Woodland Areas
    So I wonder why there's such a disparity in prices?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    It was purchased for £430,000
    How much!!!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    They should have called it 'the wife' in the that case.
    Not quite. If it had a large unkept and untouched garden it would.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Nicknamed 'the Wedge' as it starts off thin before growing wide at the rear

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Nicknamed 'the Wedge' as it starts off thin before growing wide at the rear
    Last edited by barrydidit; 18 July 2013, 11:41. Reason: quoting error.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Why would Northern people laugh at this? They could sell that house and buy a whole Northern village.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Call me daft, but it looks small from the front, and the back, not sure where the 22ft wide comes from!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Massive potential in gap sites.

Been looking out for possible sites for years.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Something for our northern readers to laugh at

Something for our northern readers to laugh at

Welcome to the wedge! 90in-wide house which expands to 22ft at the back is transformed into £800,000 luxury home | Mail Online

Tom and Sarah Tidbury decided to make the most of their space - and even have a garden as part of their home

Working...
X