• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Mad RC Skillz

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mad RC Skillz"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Make them harder to hit with RPGs though...

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    No cynical, it just seemed contrary to how I understood a chopper works.

I've not come across what you talk about, is it basically meaning they can flip the blade angle backwards (sink rather than lift)?
    Yep, I think the correct term is collective pitch.

I don't think it would work well with a full size chopper, nausea inducing I'd imagine!!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Why is everyone so cynical theses days?? Believe me it is real!!

Its a '3D' variable pitch, the blade shape is uniform so they just 'flip' the pitch when inverted, there's loads of videos of '3D' flying so this isn't exactly new.

I've just never seen anyone quite as good at it as this guy.
    No cynical, it just seemed contrary to how I understood a chopper works.

I've not come across what you talk about, is it basically meaning they can flip the blade angle backwards (sink rather than lift)?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by amoeba View Post
    Holy smokes that's awesome.

I can see sales of RC helicopters going through the roof after people watch that and try to replicate. And sales of superglue also rising, when said people smash their helicopters to peices....
    I have a fixed pitch single rotor chopper, just keeping it hovering within a 2m radius without smashing it into the ground is a challenge.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Something doesn't seem right to me - when it has the tail pointing at the ground and when it's upside down, it still hovers. How?
    Why is everyone so cynical theses days?? Believe me it is real!!

Its a '3D' variable pitch, the blade shape is uniform so they just 'flip' the pitch when inverted, there's loads of videos of '3D' flying so this isn't exactly new.

I've just never seen anyone quite as good at it as this guy.

Leave a comment:

• amoeba
    replied
    Holy smokes that's awesome.

I can see sales of RC helicopters going through the roof after people watch that and try to replicate. And sales of superglue also rising, when said people smash their helicopters to peices....

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I thought this was going to be a thread about the most Hail Marys done in a day

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Something doesn't seem right to me - when it has the tail pointing at the ground and when it's upside down, it still hovers. How?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    started a topic Mad RC Skillz

Mad RC Skillz

Guy shows off his insane RC Helicopter skills (Video) : theCHIVE

Working...
X