• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Metronazidole

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Metronazidole"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Good lad. I enjoy reading about your calamities as much as the next person, but if you cark it, it would be like killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.
    Love you too man, sniff.

<no I didn't drink>

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Yep, that was my conclusion. I'm really not that desperate for a pint.
    Good lad. I enjoy reading about your calamities as much as the next person, but if you cark it, it would be like killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    So he should complete the course and have a pint?
    Take the lot you've got left and get down the boozer. It's 'elf and safety gone mad!

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, any advice given is given on the understanding you won't be stood next to me at the bar when your arse explodes.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    If you are having side effects from the pills then go and see the GP or to A&E depending how bad they are.

An old uni mate of mine had a bacterial infection from tulip, and while she took her full course of GP prescribed antibotics ended up being hospitalized and put on IV ones as the infection didn't go. She ended up not being able to drink alcohol for the best part of a year and had to give poo samples every few months.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Metronidazole and alcohol

Alcohol very bad.

Takes 48 hours to fully get rid it from your system.. 32 hours?? Your life fella, you choose

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Metronidazole and alcohol

Although there has been little in the way of published pharmacological evidence to support this interaction with alcohol.
    A review of the literature between 1969 and 1982 reports cases involving eight patients, four of which were serious, including one death.
    Alcohol very bad.

Takes 48 hours to fully get rid it from your system.. 32 hours?? Your life fella, you choose

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    WSS - It's absolutely unbelievable that someone with hordes of miniature aliens growing and hatching inside them would moan and groan about trivial symptoms like a spot of stomach gripe and orange wee, and actually stop the treatment and risk the brutes becoming resistant to it!
    If it was as you described I would still be taking the pills.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    So you don't want to kill the little critters what have made you feel tulipe for months? Finish the course FFS. And lay off the booze.
    WSS - It's absolutely unbelievable that someone with hordes of miniature aliens growing and hatching inside them would moan and groan about trivial symptoms like a spot of stomach gripe and orange wee, and actually stop the treatment and risk the brutes becoming resistant to it!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Good advice. Hope you are following it.

Well I'm certainly staying off the booze. As the side effects with the pills were too severe I stopped taking them yesterday lunchtime.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    FFS you complete moron, finish your course of medicine and stay off the booze.
    Twat.
    Good advice. Hope you are following it.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Twat.
    I can see it now, doubled up in agony in A&E. So Suity, the pills were giving you crippling pain, so you ...... kept taking them rather than go back to your GP for something different?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Twat.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Had a course to treat Helicobacter pylori, it wipes out your 'gut flora' so you'd be wise to not eat anything heavy straight after and not drink like it says.

I felt sick the whole time I was on them.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Thats booze that does that to you, not anitbiotics. A 2 day session always gives me dodgy guts, makes my pee various colours and feel tulip for a while, antibiotics just make me tulip a lot and makes my pee smell funny. I would seriously sugest taking them and not drinking alcohol (you can get alcohol free shandy in Germany now so that might suit you!), especially those ones.
    It was definately the pills making my tummy hurt as the pain would start a few minutes after taking them. I'm off them for just over 24 hours and am feeling much much brighter.

And my pee has gone back to normal. No longer Kia Ora orange.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Yep, it does but I'm old school and say if it makes you hurt in your stomach really badly, turns your piss dark orange and makes you feel like utter tulipe then it's not for me.
    Thats booze that does that to you, not anitbiotics. A 2 day session always gives me dodgy guts, makes my pee various colours and feel tulip for a while, antibiotics just make me tulip a lot and makes my pee smell funny. I would seriously sugest taking them and not drinking alcohol (you can get alcohol free shandy in Germany now so that might suit you!), especially those ones.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X