• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can you handle the Truth?"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Rubbish

Say the question is what proportion of the UK population is Muslim, or immigrant, or what have you, and the true answer is 5% (for the sake of argument).

If the multiple choice answers are 1%, 2%, 3%, or 5%, and the choices were similarly smaller than the correct answer for most questions, then arguably that would be BNP propaganda.

But if the choices are 5%, 8%, 10%, 15%, and likewise in the other questions, then that suggests liberal propaganda.

One thing about cretins I've noticed is that they love to keep digging.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    ... the actual figures and inherently apolitical.
    Rubbish

Say the question is what proportion of the UK population is Muslim, or immigrant, or what have you, and the true answer is 5% (for the sake of argument).

If the multiple choice answers are 1%, 2%, 3%, or 5%, and the choices were similarly smaller than the correct answer for most questions, then arguably that would indicate BNP propaganda, in suggesting that things are "worse" than one might imagine.

But if the choices are 5%, 8%, 10%, 15%, and likewise in the other questions, then that suggests liberal propaganda by hinting that things are "better" than the worst fears some might have.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 11 July 2013, 08:25.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    The whole thing is poorly disguised leftie/liberal propaganda though
    You confirm my opinion of your imbecility with almost every post nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    I got 70% wrong

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Interesting that you see it like that and scooterscot saw it as a BNP recruiting drive. The point is these are the actual figures and inherently apolitical.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    50% - Hmm, not bad if I do say so myself wot shouldn't

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    80%. I got the election turnout and the 1.1% spending question wrong.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    90%. General election turnout wrong, apparently not everyone was apathetic for that election!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    70%

and it seems I got the over 65's very wrong.

the other 2 that were wrong were choosing between 3 or 5% and 11 or 13%

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    70 again.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Facts are not truth?
    Facts are merely observed things (often made up stuff claimed as facts), so that's not always same as truth.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    70%

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    what percentage are muslim - please, take about trying to brew hatred.
    I think that there is no harm in knowing these 'statistics'. Too bad it can be manipulated.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Very stupid quiz (it's general knowledge, what it got to do with truth?), but I got 80%.
    Facts are not truth?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I estimate 99% of Parliamentarians are on the fiddle.
    That seems a bit on the low side

Leave a comment:

Working...
X