• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This weekend I shall be mostly be..."

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Fri: drowning my sorrows as Client #1 refuses to answer any calls and emails despite promising a PO to be generated this week.

Sat: making and marinating spag bol for next week (with home made spag from eggs and 00 flour!). Borderlands 2 game, 4 up.! Woohooo!

Sun: Inviting GF#1, lovely daughter and boyfriend over for BBQ (with to-die-for marinated lamb in yoghurt and curry spices), 28 day matured rump steak, coconut and chilli marinated lobster and a Greek (geek?) salad.

So depressing week, but fecking great weekend!

Cycled to Headley and back - 50 miles! Ace!

Enjoy the sun CUKers!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Hair cut tmrw, as I have a rare F2F next week in Dublin, and I'm not paying €20 for a haircut there off come Mediterranean looking ponce with the facial hair of 15 yo boy.

Before than though, getting up dead early for the Lions, cos it starts at like 10:30am!

Sunday off to Bolton to stock up on Carrs Pasties (which see), and to burn off the bad LPG I have in the car, stumbles on idle. BP stuff too, normally get Morrisons.

And been invited to either/and/or/whatever an open air kids film thing in Harrogate for the kids but beer better be involved, and a Garden Valley blah blah blah (lost interest after that) but beer better be involved.

Also replacing a hubcap on the mrs's car, never done that, always had alloys.

Tidy the office.

Sort out why the FSP on the IBM P505 isn't responding.

To be honest I'll be lucky if I get past the first thing...

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I may have a shave.
    The left or right hand's palm?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I may have a shave.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Well happily in NL we can't see the trainwreck that will be the Lions match.
    I will

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Travel back to Rochdale on the train with a few beers. Cut the grass when I get home because its very long then veg in the garden with a few more beers. Up early tomorrow to drive to Worcester. Clean my sons room out and bring him and his belongings home. Pub saturday night. Probably have a bbq with my son on Sunday for lunch. Pick the wife up from the airport on Sunday night. Back to London on the very early train on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Just back from beers at "The Globe", London Wall
    Tonight - Mrs Scruff been to collected 2.5Kg fillet steak. Ermmm - Chuck it on the Braai and have a lovely Rioja to accompany it
    Tomorrow - Wash the Porker and then to Hyde Park for Strolling Bones concert
    Sunday - Bloody hell but my head will be sore - friendly golf match at Liphook at midday. Sunday night will be more steak and Rioja and some Hockenheim on the Sky+

Bring it on...

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Tonight - giving Mrs MUN a massage and some wine after a tense Offsted inspection.

Tomorrow - checking equipment and armour ready for the Tewkesbury show next week. Trailer is mostly packed, soft kit is packed in the bags. Need to make sure all relevant armour and weapons are ready to go.

Sunday - training. Former European champion is popping over so should get some good fighting done. Having a BBQ afterwards so it should be a nice afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Thought you'd knocked that on the 'ead. You've whinged about it more than psychocandy,
    While he's moaned about america a lot, no-one could possibly whinge as much as psycho did.

As for me:-

BBQ tomorrow
    NRM York on Sunday to see all 6 Mallards. Then possibly the cinema on the way back.
    Last edited by eek; 5 July 2013, 14:03.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Flying to San Fran. :-(
    Thought you'd knocked that on the 'ead. You've whinged about it more than psychocandy,

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    And with BOD on the bench, this of course wouldn't happen?

I reckon the lines to win it - Davies to make the crucial line break that seals the deal
    Anyway, it's not emotion; I'd love to see Tuilagi in there or even any other England centre like Twelvetrees. It's logic; you need a game changer who can give you a different approach in the 2nd half. BOD defended very well in the last two tests but didn't get much ball. Even at 34 his ability to lead and ability to create something from nothing are invaluable. Tuilagi is an exciting talent, but no more than that yet and still basically a strength based centre.

Gatland's chosen a one dimensional 'bash them out of the way' approach that not even England in the early 90s would choose and left himself no other options. Add to that, he's picked a second row as captain, and much as I admire Alun Wyn Jones and can think of great 2nd row captains (Willie John, Bill Beaumont, MJ), he's had to break up the best 2nd row partnership on the tour leaving aside Paul O'Connell (Gray and Parling) to accomodate the captain and left out the other big line out winner, Tom Croft, who's also capable of playing like an extra centre when you need some speed and flair. Did you watch the Queensland game? Parling and Gray were treating their line out like a game of 'name that tune'; I'll catch that in one. They took turns to rip the piss out of the opposition. But of course it's isn't about speed and flair or stealing opposition ball, it's about a team of steamrollers as far as Gatland's concerned. He's made it easy for Aus to plan for this, whereas with BOD on the bench they don't know what to expect. BOD makes it 100% more difficult for the opposition to plan their defense even if he doesn't play the starring role himself.

Leave a comment:

• tranceporter
    replied
    drop the VXR8 at Monkfish performance for sorting out rear shocks and front springs. Possibly looking at getting a car for my bird. Oh well. lot's of things.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Today I had the doctor stick a pair of scissors into the hole, about 1/2 cm wide, in my cheek and cut something and then stick a little white tablet in it, weird. Back on Tuesday morning and hopefully all the pus has stopped running out

This weekend I will be doing this: Darmstädter Heinerfest ? Das große Innenstadt- und Volksfest plus various cafes, biergartens, eateries and pubs in the sun

Monday car goes for a service and TüV (MOT), back to work Wednesday when, hopefully, the hangover has gone

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    And with BOD on the bench, this of course wouldn't happen?

I reckon the lines to win it - Davies to make the crucial line break that seals the deal
    Well, you don't need to believe me, but maybe you'd listen to the last series winning Lions head coach AND assistant coach, the only NH coach ever to have won a World Cup, the only unbeaten Lions captain in history and quite a few other rather handy players ranging from JPR to Keith Wood and Will Carling, who might not be your favourite but he did win 72 international caps in the same position as BOD, so he sort of knows a bit about playing centre.

Davies is good, but BOD should be on the bench to provide options that Tuilagi, for all his potential, can't provide.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    jodrell bank on saturday to see Hawkwind and ozzie Pink Flloyd
    Lucky bastard, I would like to have gone to that. Don't forget that Hawkwind are on stage at 7:30...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X