• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is it hot this morning ?"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Sliced and added to the drink. Rest of it up my arse to cure the farmer's...

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Pimms. It cured the hangover.

Or was it the cucumber?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Switch to Guinness, nutrients and liquid all accounted for and makes you feel full..

sorted.

p.s Ice Cold Guinness if its hot outside

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I'd say its hotter today than in the supposed hotest day on Wed.
    Cooler but higher humidity here, which makes it feel hotter.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I'd say its hotter today than in the supposed hotest day on Wed.

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    Try waiting 12 hours always cures my hangovers.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I was assuming a couple of large mugs of tea as part of the breakfast

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Accordng to a not-very-scientific-at-all experiment done on the TV show Braniac a fried breakfast is the best cure there is for a hangover. Beats hair of the dog, drinking lots of water, over the counter cure from the chemist etc.
    Not just brainiac. I think you need the water too.
    Basically the booze causes you to dehydrate and due to that you loose certain elements that your body needs. The headache is usualy from dehydration and the general tulip feeling is due to lack of sugar, salt and potassium and stuff.

The brown or tomatoe sauce deals with the sugar loss, the egg replaces a number of trace elements and the bacon sorts out the salts. A pint or two of water and you are rehydrated.
    If you can hang on to it for long enough!!!!

That is not a comprehensive answer, but it covers my understanding.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    I dunno if an 8am start is late or not. I'm only a 30min drive away from the office so I don't have to leave at stupid o'clock in the morning.

My fave hangover cure is a fried brekkie and lots of orange juice (OJ tastes the same coming back up so if you upchuck it's not such a traumatic experience!!)
    Accordng to a not-very-scientific-at-all experiment done on the TV show Braniac a fried breakfast is the best cure there is for a hangover. Beats hair of the dog, drinking lots of water, over the counter cure from the chemist etc.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    My fave hangover cure is a fried brekkie and lots of orange juice (OJ tastes the same coming back up so if you upchuck it's not such a traumatic experience!!)
    Top idea Miss Muck!! Although it's getting close to lunch so perhaps 2 eggs then. Off to the shops... better remember to put my trousers on this time...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by djfoot
    Must be a late starter then. It was 16C when I got in this morning. A toasty 21C outside now apparently. Unless that's just the micro-climate difference between Southampton and London Village...
    I dunno if an 8am start is late or not. I'm only a 30min drive away from the office so I don't have to leave at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Nope. Didn't work. I'll try another and see.

Hmm. Just did a massive smelly poo. That seems to have made my arse sore, doubling the discomfort. Better try a shot of whisky as well.

Damn, clients are abeckoning... don't they know I have a hangover?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Good idea Mr Crosby, I'll crack open a stubbie and see if that helps.
    The joys of working from home.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Crosby
    The only real cure is to start drinking again at lunchtime.
    Good idea Mr Crosby, I'll crack open a stubbie and see if that helps.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    Am in a similar situation. Does anyone have any real cures for a raging hangover. Orangina and masturbation just don't seem to work today.
    The only real cure is to start drinking again at lunchtime.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X