• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I remember the old days on the CUK forum"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    <- manly

I have been popping in every week to keep up with Monday Links!
    You know it makes sense

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I remember when CUK forum was on punched cards and we had to wait until Thursday until we had our turn on the mainframe so we could get a reply.
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    can you imagine that, the ding dongs would go on for years.
    Newbie.

I remember when we had to write notes & attach them to the legs of racing pigeons & send them off into the air. Sometimes it would take weeks to get a reply, and in Gonzo's case we only heard from him once a year!!!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I remember when CUK forum was on punched cards and we had to wait until Thursday until we had our turn on the mainframe so we could get a reply.
    can you imagine that, the ding dongs would go on for years.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    He's back

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    <- manly

I have been popping in every week to keep up with Monday Links!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I remember when it was all green fields round here.

And all the violence around. There was none of that during the war you know.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    He's back

I missed you too much old bean.....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

He's back

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    I remember when I could access CUK from client co and circumvent the swear filter while getting paid

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    started a topic I remember the old days on the CUK forum

I remember the old days on the CUK forum

Very nostalgic feelings for the old CUK forum, used to go there with my pocket money every Saturday and troll Churchill. Those days it was all hope and well-intentioned banter, not like the CUK forum today, all despair and innuendo.

Working...
X