• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What car shall I get?"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    I'm just about to take delivery of a LWB shogun which mitsi have on offer for £299 @ month or £329 with auto both plus VAT

A lot of car for the money & great for pinballing

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Gets something that reflects your persona. Like a very dull grey VW Passat diesel. Ugly, boring, cheap, safe but dependable

Mine's dark blue.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Gets something that reflects your persona. Like a very dull grey VW Passat diesel. Ugly, boring, cheap, safe but dependable

That is the nicest thing a contractor has ever said about me

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Only the chassis thse days, which is a damn good one anyway.

Saabs get their own diesel engines now ( since 2005 ), much better than the old ones.
    Is that the one made in collaboration with Fiat?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    Your Contractors?
    They are all mine heheheheheheheheheh

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Back to this car image thing: would no-one think that because Dodgy Agent happens to be a very successful agent, he can afford a Ferrari??

Why is it inherent in our culture to despise success at every level?

You don't see this in other cultures/countries: Hungary, Oz, Spain, Norway... all very open about salaries and success...

Here? Bunch of fucking whinging, spiteful retards...

(sexually frustrated, sorry)
    It is an interesting concept. If you remember IBM came up with the dark blue suit and white shirt because according to some so called clever research organisation this combination of clothing was the most acceptable form of attire least likely to create negative feelings from customers.

I suppose a car conjures up similar reactions. I tend to agree with the f*** em attitude, but unfortunately this comes accross by the car you drive or clothes you wear- rightly or wrongly. As we have quite e number of our clients to who you must drive to go and see I do believe that the car needs to be fairly discreet without the F*** off element but at the same time not the "poor bastard" or cheapskate image.

It also has to fit in with your age and status to a point. So an S class merc would not be quite right for someone under 40, likewise a honda Civic type R is not for 50 somethings.

A second hand dark blue Saab with a white interior it is then

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    I honestly congratulate with DA for being such a successful parasite of the society.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Numptycorner
    They both share the same chasis and engines
    Only the chassis thse days, which is a damn good one anyway.

Saabs get their own diesel engines now ( since 2005 ), much better than the old ones.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    I am not sure that a Saab or a Skoda is good for my go getting yet professional image. A Ferrari or a Porsche (not that I can afford either) would antagonise my contractors
    Back to this car image thing: would no-one think that because Dodgy Agent happens to be a very successful agent, he can afford a Ferrari??

You don't see this in other cultures/countries: Hungary, Oz, Spain, Norway... all very open about salaries and success...

Here? Bunch of fucking whinging, spiteful retards...

(sexually frustrated, sorry)

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    I am not sure that a Saab or a Skoda is good for my go getting yet professional image. A Ferrari or a Porsche (not that I can afford either) would antagonise my contractors

Your Contractors?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    It's a shame people have that attitude to Skoda. Before the war Skoda was a premium brand, obviously ruined under communism.
    Basically it's a VW or Audi under the skin.
    Yes Saabs are cool too.

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    They both share the same chasis and engines

Leave a comment:

• djfoot
    replied
    A Saab is just an expensive way to own a Vectra.
    Hardly! Owned both - no comparison...apart from they both have 4 wheels, one in each corner. And what would a prawn know anyway...?

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Most hothatches have 200+ bhp these days

Leave a comment:

Working...
X