• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Trying to get out the door, help needed."

Collapse

• Freamon
    replied
    I make sure that the message mentions a date when I will return, usually a date in the past just to confuse people who bother to read it. Another cunning ruse is to include the name of someone who's recently left as an alternative contact.

The most amusing out of office I've received was from a senior manager at a BobCo which had a list of all the projects he was involved in and alternative contact details in his absence (mostly a list of names approaching C-level executives!) for each one - there were about 12 projects on the list. He was nominally in charge of each of these projects but didn't actually do any work on any of them.
    Last edited by Freamon; 31 May 2013, 21:00.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    'As I'm too thick to work email, I am not leaving an Out of Office message'

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    OK I'm out of here, play nice while I'm away
    Enjoy the sun and your toy boy.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    OK I'm out of here, play nice while I'm away

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I go for "... and will not be accessing emails."

No-one's going to believe you've got no access - it says I'm choosing not to access them, so FU!
    Updation: For plenty quickness, please be doings email with other team members, back to homeland for tiffin.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I go for "... and will not be accessing emails."

No-one's going to believe you've got no access - it says I'm choosing not to access them, so FU!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Alias View Post
    My standard message is something along the lines of...

I am Out of the Office until <date x> with no access to emails. If you need urgent assistance then please contact <x> otherwise I will respond as soon as possible upon my return.

HTH
    WHS

Although don't sign off HTH, unless those happen to be your real initials too

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I'm not, but not much about at the moment, so it pays the bills.
    Ahh... know what you mean

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    I thought you weren't happy there?
    I'm not, but not much about at the moment, so it pays the bills.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Alias View Post

I am Out of the Office until <date x> with no access to emails. If you need urgent assistance then please contact <x> otherwise I will respond as soon as possible upon my return.

HTH
    Swot!

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied

I want to come back.
    I thought you weren't happy there?

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    "On the Beach so FU" usually works

HTH

I want to come back.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Trying to get out the door, help needed.
    You thought of dieting?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Trying to get out the door, heading off on holidays.

Out of office message, can't think, help needed.
    "On the Beach so FU" usually works

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X