• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trying to get out the door, help needed.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go for "... and will not be accessing emails."

No-one's going to believe you've got no access - it says I'm choosing not to access them, so FU!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I go for "... and will not be accessing emails."

No-one's going to believe you've got no access - it says I'm choosing not to access them, so FU!
      Updation: For plenty quickness, please be doings email with other team members, back to homeland for tiffin.

Comment

OK I'm out of here, play nice while I'm away
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          OK I'm out of here, play nice while I'm away
          Enjoy the sun and your toy boy.

Comment

'As I'm too thick to work email, I am not leaving an Out of Office message'

Comment

I make sure that the message mentions a date when I will return, usually a date in the past just to confuse people who bother to read it. Another cunning ruse is to include the name of someone who's recently left as an alternative contact.

The most amusing out of office I've received was from a senior manager at a BobCo which had a list of all the projects he was involved in and alternative contact details in his absence (mostly a list of names approaching C-level executives!) for each one - there were about 12 projects on the list. He was nominally in charge of each of these projects but didn't actually do any work on any of them.
              Last edited by Freamon; 31 May 2013, 21:00.
              "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
              X