• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are your partners understanding of contracting?"

Collapse

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Is that Alex Delarge I see in your avatar?
    It is, it wouldnt let me use my usual avatar of

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Crosby
    Are you married to my Mrs?
    Is that Alex Delarge I see in your avatar?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole
    As long as I visit the kids and bung her a regular bit of wedge she doesn't give a sh1t what else I do.
    Are you married to my Mrs?

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    As long as I visit the kids and bung her a regular bit of wedge she doesn't give a sh1t what else I do.

Leave a comment:

• XLMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    XLMonkey - just how many times a year do you move house???
    On average, about twice. I like to have a flat for the week and a home for the weekend. It's easy to move when all you really need to be happy is a friendly face and a bunch of fresh bananas.

Leave a comment:

• ITGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    Did you actually ask whether he'd like some young lady with time on her hands to do 'maid's work' in the house while you're away working?
    Don't quite remember phrasing the question exactly in that way...silly me. I'll ask him tonight and see what he says...can't think what the answer will be!

Leave a comment:

• djfoot
    replied
    Quite right. He really shouldn't have anything to complain about. Exclusive use of the telly during the football season is a massive bonus....

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    You didn't couch the questino correctly

Originally posted by ITGirl
    Selfish...me?! If I had any expectations of him doing any of the housework whilst I'm away mon-fri I would be seriously disappointed! I did suggest getting someone in to do the cleaning and ironing whilst I'm away, but he went pale at the thought of spending any money on something that he gets done for free at the moment!

Did you actually ask whether he'd like some young lady with time on her hands to do 'maid's work' in the house while you're away working?

Leave a comment:

• ITGirl
    replied
    Selfish...me?! If I had any expectations of him doing any of the housework whilst I'm away mon-fri I would be seriously disappointed! I did suggest getting someone in to do the cleaning and ironing whilst I'm away, but he went pale at the thought of spending any money on something that he gets done for free at the moment!

Leave a comment:

• djfoot
    replied
    Originally posted by ITGirl
    My other half hates me being away from home...past baggage of his previous wife having an affair has made him a bit twitchy about what I get up to! Personally, I think it also has to do with the fact that he loses his cook, cleaner, laundrywoman and personal shopper for 5 days a week
    That's a bit selfish of you. Couldn't you compromise a bit and do this at the weekend instead of expecting to do all the housework in your absence?

Leave a comment:

• ITGirl
    replied
    My other half hates me being away from home...past baggage of his previous wife having an affair has made him a bit twitchy about what I get up to! Personally, I think it also has to do with the fact that he loses his cook, cleaner, laundrywoman and personal shopper for 5 days a week

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    I'm polyamorous and therefore there is no issue.
    read: no one woman is dumb enough to put up with him

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    The more I read this thread the more I am convinced we are all married to the same woman.

Or does the standard model come pre-programmed?
    I bet you techies all use the same model rubber doll, made by Xinhuan Co. in Peking. But what I don't understand is why not deflate her and take her with you on your trips?

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    For the last 3 years I have been working in the home/office. It really is an office with the data cables, cabinet housed servers, custom furniture, client seating area etc etc

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    The more I read this thread the more I am convinced we are all married to the same woman.

Or does the standard model come pre-programmed?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X