• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: David Beckham

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "David Beckham"

Collapse

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    You're cruising for a bruising dearie
    I'm just feeling brave due to the distance

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Excellent, I've got a couple of shirts you can do while you're at it
    You're cruising for a bruising dearie

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    I was being ironic
    Excellent, I've got a couple of shirts you can do while you're at it

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    He just won the French league with Paris Saint Germain
    I was being ironic

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    You are thinking about Freddie Ljungberg
    who??

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    David Beckham was a pretty good footballer. He was never quite as sensational as much of the media would have had people believe, but that was not his fault as he was not the one doing the reporting.
    He worked hard at the skills he did have, particularly his dead-ball skills, and although he would never have been the first name on my team sheet, had I been his Manager he would always have featured due to his consistency.
    Off the field he seems to do a great deal of charitable stuff and I am sure is not as dim as some would paint him.
    All in all there are a hell of a lot of people currently enjoying knighthood status with a lot less of a claim than he has merited.
    So good luck to him.
    Oh yeah, and did I mention that I would definitely give Posh Spice one too?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    He could have become a legend in ManU.
    He was/is.

I wonder if he might return to be involved in the club somehow.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Probably

I would say he's at least as well known for scoring that free kick against Greece which got them to the following World Cup.
    And the trophies. He's got a few of them.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Probably

I would say he's at least as well known for scoring that free kick against Greece which got them to the following World Cup.
    True ..he did redeem himself somewhat with that goal

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    He could have become a legend in ManU, instead he's chosen Posh life.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    There appears to be a push to give a knighthood to a player best remembered (or is that just me) for a sending off for a petulant foul during the World cup - if that happened would the esteemed panel be happy with Lady Posh Beckham?
    Probably

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Becks and posh have had some great advisors however I think both of them are a lot more clued on they people think

Brand Beckham will continue for a while though
    There appears to be a push to give a knighthood to a player best remembered (or is that just me) for a sending off for a petulant foul during the World cup - if that happened would the esteemed panel be happy with Lady Posh Beckham?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    I thought he'd retired from football years ago

Isn't he an underwear model nowadays???
    He just won the French league with Paris Saint Germain

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I thought he'd retired from football years ago

Isn't he an underwear model nowadays???
    You are thinking about Freddie Ljungberg

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
    A lot of people seem to think he is a brand first and a footballer second, this is far from the truth, he has always been an outstanding footballer and a proper professional. A lot of current footballers could learn a lot from him.
    The brand would never have come without him first getting noticed as a footballer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X