• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can you remember (2)..."

Collapse

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    What I really liked about it was that when I visited New York, I kind of knew my way around. While wandering about I'd tell my wife how I picked up a hooker around here and murdered her or how I shot a tramp over there etc
    Now that's a holiday to remember.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Never really got into GTA San Andreas but loved the last GTA. What I really liked about it was that when I visited New York, I kind of knew my way around. While wandering about I'd tell my wife how I picked up a hooker around here and murdered her or how I shot a tramp over there etc

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Never really got into Morrowind.

But Oblivion, Skyrim anf Fallout - wow! Must have burned several weeks worth of my waking hours into those. Kinda weird to think that you spent, in effect, several full days of your real life living in a fantasy world!

EDIT: Someone mentioned GTA SA. Which brings to mind the countless real days of my life spent in GTA Vice City. My addiction to that over several months even had my family commenting on it!
    Yep, the GTA games from 3 onwards took up a lot of my time as well but I could never be bothered to go for 100% in any of them. As I mentioned earlier, that dedication has long since departed.

PS. Morrowind was superb, it really kicked off the open world RPG genre that Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout III and New Vegas have all built on. It was also great because there weren't really any limits to how powerful you could become. I could jump over towns and mountains by the end of it. Got a little tricky if I only needed to jump over a wall though

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post

But Oblivion, Skyrim anf Fallout - wow! Must have burned several weeks worth of my waking hours into those. Kinda weird to think that you spent, in effect, several full days of your real life living in a fantasy world!

EDIT: Someone mentioned GTA SA. Which brings to mind the countless real days of my life spent in GTA Vice City. My addiction to that over several months even had my family commenting on it!
    Indeed in fact the first 3 3D GTA's all had great replay value and really did change what was expected of games

Was not so keen on the 4th one - to real not enough lunacy

hopefully that will be fixed for the 5th

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    God knows how many hours I've spent playing Morrowind, Oblivion and now Skyrim. Hundreds and hundreds for sure.

Last edited by nomadd; 17 May 2013, 13:42.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I used to love speedball 2 on my brothers amiga.

Ice Cream......

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Carmeggedon 2 with Splat Pack!

I remmeber my Lad coming up to me and saying, 'Dad, Mum deleted Carmageddon of my computer but it's ok - I reinstalled it...'

He was three at the time and had a lovely Dumfriesshire accent back then. Bright lad too, he also complained at me that he'd renamed 'Ignition Demo.exe' to 'Ignition Full Version.exe' and it's not full version. Still a running joke that in our house 15 years later.....

What a responsible Dad, eh!!?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Maybe it should have been 1941.
    Done

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    GTA San Andreas !

but as dOOhg says

Footy (Pro evo)
    Driving (GT5)
    Golf (Everybodys Golf)

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Get bored after I complete a game and then just play missions/levels I like. Prefer games without an end, like footy or driving, where even if you get to win the title there is always another season. With shooters, I just like to play against bots although I'm back on QuakeLive at the moment - anyone else play?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Not a game with a storyline, Unreal Tournament 2004 ate many hours of my time. UT3 wasn't the same.

Most of this was while I was single, then I got married again.

Games in the past few years that I played a lot would be Borderlands 1 and Skyrim.
    Unreal Tournament was AWESOME!!! Actually that was the last first person shooter I ever played.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Not a game with a storyline, Unreal Tournament 2004 ate many hours of my time. UT3 wasn't the same.

Games in the past few years that I played a lot would be Borderlands 1 and Skyrim.
    God knows how many hours I've spent playing Morrowind, Oblivion and now Skyrim. Hundreds and hundreds for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    They are bringing out a new version of Platypus?!?!?!

AWESOME!
    God I hope it's much better than the current version

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Ok I just completed Freecell game 1940

Leave a comment:

Working...
X