• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Nice Feature

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nice Feature"

Collapse

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    me too Xog, should be able to retire before 40.

Milan.
    Judging from your lifestyle, you should have been able to retire from 16 with the 51 quid a week welfare cheque.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    me too Xog, should be able to retire before 40.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Just counting the hours to retirement and earning dosh to pay for the wife's new bathroom and kitchen beans.

No idea why, I keep telling her that she's such a slob that after a few months the new kitchen covered in grime and rubbish will look much like the old one covered in grime and rubbish but you can't get through to women with logic.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    aye,

the difference being

noddy agent at big (ahem) reputable agency = ok

noddy agent at little gonna go bust next week agency = not ok

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    just think of all those Noddy little agents running round looking for the perfect candidate, finding your skill set is a perfect match and then they cant get in touch because you wont let them.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    if you haven't there's no point contracting is there Xog ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Ok if you have a brill up to date much in demand skill set I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Franko,

yes, have had it setup for the last 10 months and regularly get
    the request emails from noddy agencies and am able to simple reject
    the requests.

very nice.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by kramer
    I have.... don't get too much feedback from it
    I can't believe how an average agent, with a two-figures IQ, would be able to make a search on jobserve and even if they can, they are probably too lazy to do that. Better to fish for the unsuitable candidates who are willing to work for a lower rate.

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    It is useful for firing off cvs to agencies - no storing copies on client machines and no firewall isues.

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    Have you tried it?

I have.... don't get too much feedback from it

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Have you tried it?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    started a topic Nice Feature

Nice Feature

you can put your cv on jobserve, and activate it in a way that for people to look at it they have to request permission from you

what happens ?

they search for the skills see the outline of the cv in their search results, request permission to view the cv, you get an email from Jobserve requesting permission to view the cv and naming the agency requestor, you can then check them out if you are not satisified that they are an agency you would like to deal with you can deny permission to view the cv

nice feature

Milan.

Working...
X