• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "FFS - when are European politicians going to come to their senses?"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Wrong

Wrong. I admire her.

Wrong.

If they're feckless chavs yes. Otherwise no.

Correct.
    I hate all thickos, chavs, politicians, oligarchs and agents. Guess what all these have in common - they're non productive parasites.

I have a great SOH thanks and am doing very well for myself.
    You on the other hand went to public school and became an agent, a waste of school fees if ever there was one.

So your powers of analysis are crap as usual. I bid you a good weekend loser.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I reckon you fit the stereotype to a tee. .
    Wrong

You are a Thatcher hater.
    Wrong. I admire her.

and you hate anyone who is richer and posher than you .
    Wrong.

and you also despise those at the bottom of the ladder.
    If they're feckless chavs yes. Otherwise no.

You cannot disguise your hatred of Baldrick "thick cretin" class and you loathe the powerful politicians and oligarchs.
    Correct.
    I hate all thickos, chavs, politicians, oligarchs and agents. Guess what all these have in common - they're non productive parasites.

In other words you are an unfunny bigoted loser who has failed to take advantage of your priviliged upbringing
    I have a great SOH thanks and am doing very well for myself.
    You on the other hand went to public school and became an agent, a waste of school fees if ever there was one.

So your powers of analysis are crap as usual. I bid you a good weekend loser.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I like posh people (I'm a minor one of these) and the (genuine) working class. Because they have fun and don't give a tulip.
    I loathe all the wannabees in between with their petit-bourgeous small mentality. That includes the comedians above.
    I reckon you fit the stereotype to a tee. You are a Thatcher hater and you hate anyone who is richer and posher than you and you also despise those at the bottom of the ladder. You cannot disguise your hatred of Baldrick "thick cretin" class and you loathe the powerful politicians and oligarchs. In other words you are an unfunny bigoted loser who has failed to take advantage of your priviliged upbringing.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Whilst I am happy to accept your assertion that this is all political B*llsh*t there was another article in todays Telegraph that sums up your ilk. Is Ben Elton a friend of yours?

Ben Elton has always been a Middle Englander - Telegraph

the idea that Elton has sold out, turning from a Thatch-bashing enfant terrible into a boring old fart, is barmy. In truth, Elton was always the droning, mockney voice of the squeezed middle, giving vent to the frustrations of that section of society that finds itself sadly sandwiched between dumb poshos up above and even dumber poor people down below.
    Indeed, his innate conservatism was apparent even in his highest achievement, The Young Ones, which mercilessly mocked the subversive pretensions of actually lazy, ill-read students. The great thing about The Young Ones was that it sent up Elton’s own ilk, those youthful Thatcher-bashers who came from relatively well-to-do backgrounds, most notably in the character of Rik – a smug ponce who falls asleep while reading Das Kapital. It is entirely possible to watch The Young Ones both as a witty indictment of Thatcher’s Britain and as a Middle England yelp of rage against skiving, nonsense-spouting students.
    Ben Elton’s middle-class angst can clearly be seen in another past glory of his, Blackadder. Here, virtually all the humour derives from the respectable titular character’s frustration with the idiocy of the aristocrats he works for and the boneheadedness of the paupers he works with, most notably the fantastically stupid Baldrick. With each new series, the aristocrats became increasingly air-headed, the pauper types ever thicker, and Blackadder more sneery about both. It was all a thinly veiled (and frequently hilarious) comment on how Elton and his fellow right-on BBC creatives felt about Britain in the Eighties, where both posh old Tories and dumb working-class people had conspired to keep Thatch in power and Britain in a state of distress. It was an exquisite cry of squeezed-middle ire.

It rather sums you up:

These prejudices are still rife in today’s so-called alternative comedy (which is now actually mainstream): witness Marcus Brigstocke attacking stupid, gruff plumbers for being lazy and dirty, or Stewart Lee mocking the masses for enjoying the apparently unsophisticated sitcom Only Fools and Horses. The misogyny of Bernard Manning et al has been elbowed aside by the chav-baiting of comedians who emerged from comfortably-off towns and descended on London for a big middle-class moan about Them and Them – the posh and the poorly educated.
    Ben Elton and the other comedy “radicals” who came of age during the “Fatcha” era always had a Middle England spirit, a deeply frustrated middle-class core, a fury with both their superiors and their inferiors. So, yes, Elton’s new sitcom might be colossally unfunny; but if it also speaks to “the perpetually outraged heart of Middle England”, then it is only taking Eighties alternative comedy to its depressing logical conclusion.
    I like posh people (I'm a minor one of these) and the (genuine) working class. Because they have fun and don't give a tulip.
    I loathe all the wannabees in between with their petit-bourgeous small mentality. That includes the comedians above.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Civil Partnership & Registry office should have been legally equal to Marriage. Leaving the decision to the church & its faith whether to permit it in their place of worship.

Quote - render onto Caeser for justification.

Any attempt to force the church to comply=hate crime.

The word Marriage is part of what they are campaigning about, if the church want to keep it for hetro couples they shouldn't have let the Registry office have it. Now its available outside church its up for grabs.

Job done.
    First sensible thing you've said for a while

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Sounds like a good argument for legalising gay marriage, then there'll be more time for important stuff. Honestly, if two blokes want to swear an oath and then take each other up the tulipter I really don't care and I don't need laws getting in the way of them. Actually, I value their personal freedom more than some of the tulipe that governments waste money on. It's also central to the ideas of modern conservatism; get on with your life and the government will get out of your way.
    Civil Partnership & Registry office should have been legally equal to Marriage. Leaving the decision to the church & its faith whether to permit it in their place of worship.

Quote - render onto Caeser for justification.

Any attempt to force the church to comply=hate crime.

The word Marriage is part of what they are campaigning about, if the church want to keep it for hetro couples they shouldn't have let the Registry office have it. Now its available outside church its up for grabs.

Job done.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    In other words, loads of blah blah jaw jaw like any other politician.
    How old are you, you naive, infantile adult? Do you think UKIP are going to make your booboo better?
    Do you think any politician can resist the blandishments of big business?
    The lower class nincompoops who make up the UKIP leadership will simper and bend over at the first sign of acknowledgement by the great and good.
    That's the reality of this class based society.
    I'd rather have posh rich boys at the top. At least they're less corruptible.

PS there was a letter in yesterday's ES by a UKIP member from 1997, accusing his leaders of being out of touch. Sound familiar?
    Whilst I am happy to accept your assertion that this is all political B*llsh*t there was another article in todays Telegraph that sums up your ilk. Is Ben Elton a friend of yours?

Ben Elton has always been a Middle Englander - Telegraph

the idea that Elton has sold out, turning from a Thatch-bashing enfant terrible into a boring old fart, is barmy. In truth, Elton was always the droning, mockney voice of the squeezed middle, giving vent to the frustrations of that section of society that finds itself sadly sandwiched between dumb poshos up above and even dumber poor people down below.
    Indeed, his innate conservatism was apparent even in his highest achievement, The Young Ones, which mercilessly mocked the subversive pretensions of actually lazy, ill-read students. The great thing about The Young Ones was that it sent up Elton’s own ilk, those youthful Thatcher-bashers who came from relatively well-to-do backgrounds, most notably in the character of Rik – a smug ponce who falls asleep while reading Das Kapital. It is entirely possible to watch The Young Ones both as a witty indictment of Thatcher’s Britain and as a Middle England yelp of rage against skiving, nonsense-spouting students.
    Ben Elton’s middle-class angst can clearly be seen in another past glory of his, Blackadder. Here, virtually all the humour derives from the respectable titular character’s frustration with the idiocy of the aristocrats he works for and the boneheadedness of the paupers he works with, most notably the fantastically stupid Baldrick. With each new series, the aristocrats became increasingly air-headed, the pauper types ever thicker, and Blackadder more sneery about both. It was all a thinly veiled (and frequently hilarious) comment on how Elton and his fellow right-on BBC creatives felt about Britain in the Eighties, where both posh old Tories and dumb working-class people had conspired to keep Thatch in power and Britain in a state of distress. It was an exquisite cry of squeezed-middle ire.

It rather sums you up:

These prejudices are still rife in today’s so-called alternative comedy (which is now actually mainstream): witness Marcus Brigstocke attacking stupid, gruff plumbers for being lazy and dirty, or Stewart Lee mocking the masses for enjoying the apparently unsophisticated sitcom Only Fools and Horses. The misogyny of Bernard Manning et al has been elbowed aside by the chav-baiting of comedians who emerged from comfortably-off towns and descended on London for a big middle-class moan about Them and Them – the posh and the poorly educated.
    Ben Elton and the other comedy “radicals” who came of age during the “Fatcha” era always had a Middle England spirit, a deeply frustrated middle-class core, a fury with both their superiors and their inferiors. So, yes, Elton’s new sitcom might be colossally unfunny; but if it also speaks to “the perpetually outraged heart of Middle England”, then it is only taking Eighties alternative comedy to its depressing logical conclusion.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    They don't. They just believe that there are more important things for the government to be getting on with
    Sounds like a good argument for legalising gay marriage, then there'll be more time for important stuff. Honestly, if two blokes want to swear an oath and then take each other up the tulipter I really don't care and I don't need laws getting in the way of them. Actually, I value their personal freedom more than some of the tulipe that governments waste money on. It's also central to the ideas of modern conservatism; get on with your life and the government will get out of your way.
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 26 April 2013, 13:34.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    They don't. They just believe that there are more important things for the government to be getting on with
    When you say "they" don't, if by "they" you mean the rank and file, I'll wager you're wrong.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    That is not what they are saying or doing is it? Are the Germans suddenly going to stop supplying BMWs to the UK? As Nigel Farage says whilst the elite middle classes like you are left sneering at the posh boys at the top and the "little englander" Essex chavs who want to make good, UKIP want everyone to prosper from business.

The real threat to the old establishment isn’t so much votes cast but an existential threat to their entire way of thinking. To the party hierarchies the world is divided into us and them: “us” who decide and “them” who comply. UKIP is “them” personified. And it doesn’t matter if you are a Labour MP in the North or a suburban southern Tory; it doesn’t matter if historically you have weighed rather than counted your votes. What UKIP presents is a threat to your world view, to your dreams of entitlement.

Many seem to think that we present a greater threat to Conservatives, and their shaky majorities. But in a way the threat is more moral than electoral. The Tories look at us, then look at their social democratic leadership and face an identity crisis. It is hard for them to argue against lower taxes, national independence, grammar schools and personal responsibility.

In the Conservative Party they must defend wind farms, excessive international aid and gay marriage — not something they ever thought they were elected to do.

It is sad, but the green benches of Parliament are occupied by and large by a breed of men and women who have seen politics as a way for self-aggrandisement — a career path, from college to researcher to adviser to backbencher to minister — without so much as dropping a foot into the world where the rest of us live. The world of financial worry. The world where education fails the poorest and crushes aspiration. The world where people on the minimum wage still pay income tax. The world of “them”.
    In other words, loads of blah blah jaw jaw like any other politician.
    How old are you, you naive, infantile adult? Do you think UKIP are going to make your booboo better?
    Do you think any politician can resist the blandishments of big business?
    The lower class nincompoops who make up the UKIP leadership will simper and bend over at the first sign of acknowledgement by the great and good.
    That's the reality of this class based society.
    I'd rather have posh rich boys at the top. At least they're less corruptible.

PS there was a letter in yesterday's ES by a UKIP member from 1997, accusing his leaders of being out of touch. Sound familiar?
    Last edited by sasguru; 26 April 2013, 13:28.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    So why do UKIP have issues with gay marriage?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    That is not what they are saying or doing is it? Are the Germans suddenly going to stop supplying BMWs to the UK? As Nigel Farage says whilst the elite middle classes like you are left sneering at the posh boys at the top and the "little englander" Essex chavs who want to make good, UKIP want everyone to prosper from business.

The real threat to the old establishment isn’t so much votes cast but an existential threat to their entire way of thinking. To the party hierarchies the world is divided into us and them: “us” who decide and “them” who comply. UKIP is “them” personified. And it doesn’t matter if you are a Labour MP in the North or a suburban southern Tory; it doesn’t matter if historically you have weighed rather than counted your votes. What UKIP presents is a threat to your world view, to your dreams of entitlement.

Many seem to think that we present a greater threat to Conservatives, and their shaky majorities. But in a way the threat is more moral than electoral. The Tories look at us, then look at their social democratic leadership and face an identity crisis. It is hard for them to argue against lower taxes, national independence, grammar schools and personal responsibility.

In the Conservative Party they must defend wind farms, excessive international aid and gay marriage — not something they ever thought they were elected to do.

It is sad, but the green benches of Parliament are occupied by and large by a breed of men and women who have seen politics as a way for self-aggrandisement — a career path, from college to researcher to adviser to backbencher to minister — without so much as dropping a foot into the world where the rest of us live. The world of financial worry. The world where education fails the poorest and crushes aspiration. The world where people on the minimum wage still pay income tax. The world of “them”.
    So why do UKIP have issues with gay marriage?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Yeah because UKIP will make it better

here's UKIP policy in a nutshell:

Let's cut ourselves from what little trade we have now with Europe.
    And as for trading with the darkies, fook that, lets all become an inbred little island where we can eat muffins and have tea and warm beer and maidens can ride through the mists to evensong on their bicycles.

Fooking retards.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The EU is communism, simple as. Unelected, bloated, out of touch and heading for total financial meltdown.

That in itself makes voting for any party opposed to the EU no.1 priority.

In the meantime, keep mumbling utter nonesense here about how you would shape the EU, like you have any say whatsoever comrade.

It's a little more complex than that, but then you are a poly-educated simpleton. In other words the UKIP's target market.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X