• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "OK I give up, Können Sie mir bitte helfen?"

Collapse

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So they don't use debit cards in Germany either? Pull some money off a CC into cash (or even buy a wad of paper currency through your CC online).
    Most ATMs will let you draw cash on a CC for a fee. I got stuck with that when I first moved out there and there was a three month delay in payment.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    OK I give up, Können Sie mir bitte helfen?

Demand some war reparations from a passerby. They bombed your chippy....

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So they don't use debit cards in Germany either? Pull some money off a CC into cash (or even buy a wad of paper currency through your CC online).
    Its probably maestro cards and not the same one as you have in the UK. Same in Cloggers, very few places take credit cards.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I'm gonna stay off board until things turn around for me so I can be less of an ass.
    Blimey.

I was going to say it's almost a shame we're never going to SY again.

But I've realised he's still online.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    This is a great thread.

Reminds me of this

Mr. Bean's Holiday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I'm impressed you even went to Germany. I didn't think you had the balls.

Good Luck with getting it all sorted, once the car is back on the road it won't seem so bad.
    He knows they drive on the right, right?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    This would never have happened under the Tories.

Cyberman
    Poor guy, he must be in mourning now.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    That's the one!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I'm impressed you even went to Germany. I didn't think you had the balls.

Good Luck with getting it all sorted, once the car is back on the road it won't seem so bad.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Could be. Was this before or after he went volunteering in Africa?
    This one ?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...u-feckers.html

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    This would never have happened under the Tories.

Cyberman

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I remember that, was that around the time when he bought/renovated a camper van ?
    Could be. Was this before or after he went volunteering in Africa?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Shall we start a JustGiving page for Suity?

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Hold on, wasn't there an episode where Suity was an expert mechanic? Fixed his neighbour's car for him or something like that?
    I remember that, was that around the time when he bought/renovated a camper van ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X