• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stupid journalists who propagated the MMR scare"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Am I missing something or has he invented a "law of probability" which simply involves dividing by 100? That doesn't seem terribly sound to me. I mean, think of all the hilarious things that 2000 loopy people in the UK might swear to and say that 20 are correct "by the law of probability".
    You've just got to laugh. Apart from other tragedy of being so stupid.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    That's also a very interesting website. Especially the comment from "gregthegreen" on the statistics of dying from measles.
    Originally posted by Gregthegrean
    So its an easy decision in 2011 for me. Seeing as how there are 2000 families in the UK, who swear their kids were developing normally until MMR, if I use common sense and say lets say 20 are correct by the law of probability and looking at the history of modern medicine. Calculate how many children were given the MMR per year and work it out. I haven't done this, but I can see it would work out to more of a risk than the above. So an easy decision for me, but if everyone were like me, the risk would go up. Therefore scare mongering forums like this do a good job. Keep up the good work!
    Am I missing something or has he invented a "law of probability" which simply involves dividing by 100? That doesn't seem terribly sound to me. I mean, think of all the hilarious things that 2000 loopy people in the UK might swear to and say that 20 are correct "by the law of probability".

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Richer than you'll ever be mate.

But don't worry, you keep doing the same old tulip and retire at 80.
    Lucky you're rich, with your massive bill looming.

You're right I'll just have to get by on my £900 daily rate working from home.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Only by the cretins, but I guess you didn't know that.
    Whatever! sock puppet.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    And you're the most hated person on the forum, but I guess you knew that anyway.
    Only by the cretins, but I guess you didn't know that.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Luck chap!
    That and he knows a scientific method guaranteed to make positive returns on the stock market.
    Will come in handy for his HMRC bill.
    The man's a genius of the first order.
    And you're the most hated person on the forum, but I guess you knew that anyway.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    You rich yet?
    Richer than you'll ever be mate.

But don't worry, you keep doing the same old tulip and retire at 80.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    Certainly someone to be admired for his sound decision making processes.
    Feck me you've given my the uncontrollable laffs again. And its a working day

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Luck chap!
    That and he knows a scientific method guaranteed to make positive returns on the stock market.
    Certainly someone to be admired for his sound decision making processes.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    no but he gets into your Mothers & wife's stockings every year!
    Luck chap!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    You rich yet?
    no but he gets into your Mothers & wife's stockings every year!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    oh yes, sorry I almost forgot my place in society
    You rich yet?

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    no just believe they are there because the Government says so - Peasant
    oh yes, sorry I almost forgot my place in society

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Do you have any links to these peer reviewed clinical trials? I'd like to see them please.
    no just believe they are there because the Government says so - Peasant

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    That's also a very interesting website. Especially the comment from "gregthegreen" on the statistics of dying from measles.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X