• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Lunch

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lunch"

Collapse

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Best of a bad lot in the clients canteen.

Fishcakes, Chips and Green Beans.

At least the coffee is free.
    Yep, I knows what its like. Currently working in a place with a cafe/bistro open from 7am-7pm, a restaurant serving so many things from so many countries I don't know what to choose, outdoor garden and tables with fountains, and barbecue when the sun is out....

It's tough, but you just have to think long term.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Hyper, tales of Gunson et al are my favourite!
    I tell you what Churchill, it was exactly like that! Don't fly Orient Thai Airlines is all I can say...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Sadly, 4 pints of Guinness for me for lunch in the sun for two and a half hours.

But at least I was talking to a 747 pilot!! And such great stories... will post if anyone is bored enough on a Friday to be interested...
    Hyper, tales of Gunson et al are my favourite!

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Friday...

Too busy at the mo... oh, in actual fact I'm off to a refinery on Friday so might be around 17:00+

Leave a comment:

• Clownio
    replied
    well I've started winding down for the weekend so it might as well be a Friday.

So , those 747 pilot stories ??????

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Sadly, 4 pints of Guinness for me for lunch in the sun for two and a half hours.

But at least I was talking to a 747 pilot!! And such great stories... will post if anyone is bored enough on a Friday to be interested...

Leave a comment:

• Clog II The Avenger
    replied
    Originally posted by Angela_D
    Two hours lunch with great salad and bottle of wine on the river for me. Can't wait for London, eat a processed sarnie at your workstation lunches !
    Doesn’t the current wash it downstream?

Leave a comment:

• bobsmithldn
    replied
    Originally posted by Angela_D
    Two hours lunch with great salad and bottle of wine on the river for me. Can't wait for London, eat a processed sarnie at your workstation lunches !
    At desk, no way - more like down the boo*er downing a few ... if you need "assistance" settling into the City life, give me a shout my dear...

Leave a comment:

• Angela_D
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Now I've had the roast beef at Simpson's and very nice it was too. Yorkshire Pudding was a bit chewy but the wine was good enough that I dont remember what it was, apart from red
    Jugged hare for me today I think.

Scrummy.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    For heaven's sake, DaveB, fishcake and chips in the client's canteen? This is a contractors' site. Come along for a roast beef luncheon at Simpson's with the rest of us real contractors.
    Now I've had the roast beef at Simpson's and very nice it was too. Yorkshire Pudding was a bit chewy but the wine was good enough that I dont remember what it was, apart from red

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied

For heaven's sake, DaveB, fishcake and chips in the client's canteen? This is a contractors' site. Come along for a roast beef luncheon at Simpson's with the rest of us real contractors.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Ah, but the coffee is supplied by the Client, not by myco. As such I receive no BIK from my employer (myco) to be taxed on.

It's also available to all visitors, contractors, permies, cleaners and anyone who makes it past the front desk ( not hard ) so cant be classed as an employee perk either

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    started a topic Lunch

Lunch

Working...
X