• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Never attend a conference"

Collapse

• administrator
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Good job it wasn't a C++ conference or she'd be complaining they treat her like an object.
    Who does a guy have to sleep with round here to get rep privileges? (sounded sexier when Sigourney Weaver said it )

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to doodab again.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Good job it wasn't a C++ conference or she'd be complaining they treat her like an object.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• crack_ho
    replied
    Adria Richards' Hypocrisy in Pictures

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    proportionate, do we look forward to loads of is it because I is a black female posts?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Well, it backfired seeing as she's been sacked too.
    has she - oh dear what a pity
    Last edited by vetran; 25 March 2013, 16:54. Reason: carnt spiel

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Those guys are how I picture most of you.
    Not surprising about the innuendo, its probably the closest they've got to sex for years.
    BTW, why do techies have to go out of their way to conform to stereotype - beards, crap clothes and Fnah Fnah jokes FFS, that's so old skool.
    What does your attendance of this forum make you? A groupy? A "1337" walt?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Maybe the moral is that if you go to python or perl conferences, or anything similar, you're bound to meet the kind of guys who think dongle and fork jokes are hilariously funny

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
    Apart from the risk of getting sacked

Forking and Dongle Jokes Don’t Belong At Tech Conferences - But You're A Girl -

They sound REALLY dull.
    Those guys are how I picture most of you.
    Not surprising about the innuendo, its probably the closest they've got to sex for years.
    BTW, why do techies have to go out of their way to conform to stereotype - beards, crap clothes and Fnah Fnah jokes FFS, that's so old skool.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I think that was kinda the point
    Well, it backfired seeing as she's been sacked too.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I don't want to burst her bubble, but someone needs to point out that a 'successful' start up is one that has moved on from describing itself as a start up. And if she really thinks that getting kids female or otherwise to write python is the 'future of programming' then she needs help.

Having got that off my chest, I have to ask does she enjoy playing with big snakes?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    A quick word would have solved it without embarrassing people with their peers. She might even have done it without drawing attention to herself.
    I think that was kinda the point

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
    Apart from the risk of getting sacked

Forking and Dongle Jokes Don’t Belong At Tech Conferences - But You're A Girl -

They sound REALLY dull.
    A quick word would have solved it without embarrassing people with their peers. She might even have done it without drawing attention to herself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X