• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to cause a run on the banks"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Earlier this week the head of the Orthodox Church in Cyprus said the euro was doomed and Cyprus would be better off going it alone.

Is this the Orthodox Church that runs banks in India and the US and is one of the world's biggest corporate investors?

Methinks the Archbishop should be listened to.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Earlier this week the head of the Orthodox Church in Cyprus said the euro was doomed and Cyprus would be better off going it alone.

Originally posted by Archbishop Chrysostomos II
    The euro cannot last. I’m not saying that it will crumble tomorrow but with the brains that they have in Brussels, it is certain that it will not last in the long term, and the best thing is to think about how to escape it

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    I've been drilling [...] She [...]
    Lucky bastard. What does she look like?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I'm over qualified, what?

Actually, I've been drilling a senior recruiter from Sydney. She tells me in 5 years she expects the business to be dead. In house recruitment is taking all your business apparently.
    Not Aussie Bob?

How's he doing since the big op?

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Ever thought of becoming a recruitment agent?
    I'm over qualified, what?

Actually, I've been drilling a senior recruiter from Sydney. She tells me in 5 years she expects the business to be dead. In house recruitment is taking all your business apparently.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    No, he's overqualified.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I'm British, lower class, first generation educated. Scum really. Typical migrant.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I'm British...
    In which case you got Rutherford before lunch, but it's not looking like a good insertion.

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    How's your cricket team doing?
    I'm British, lower class, first generation educated. Scum really. Typical migrant.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Nothing will happen. Even if all the physical cash was taken out- that's nothing compared to the loans the bank has. They might have a short term funding issue due to lack of new deposits, that will be quickly covered by the ECB for such small banks. In reality if you are a regular Cypriot worker how can you really avoid using the bank- to get paid, etc.

The markets are telling you what's going to happen. The EUR is not tanking.

Therefore the only money to be made here is by buying these bank stocks before Friday.
    How's your cricket team doing?

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Keiser report

8 mins 12 secs

The shocking truth about Cyprus, and what they tried to do has hoovered any remaining trust out of the markets. Sadly it seems this is the next Lehmens. I'm certain there's more to it than meets the eye. One thing is for sure, it's 2008 all over again.

I wonder how our UK banks will fair this time.
    Nothing will happen. Even if all the physical cash was taken out- that's nothing compared to the loans the bank has. They might have a short term funding issue due to lack of new deposits, that will be quickly covered by the ECB for such small banks. In reality if you are a regular Cypriot worker how can you really avoid using the bank- to get paid, etc.

The markets are telling you what's going to happen. The EUR is not tanking.

Therefore the only money to be made here is by buying these bank stocks before Friday.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Keiser report

8 mins 12 secs
    Originally posted by Stacey Herbet
    Financial markets rely on trust. They rely on capital. They rely on people participating and trusting each other not to rip each other off. So personally when I walk past Times Square and I see guys with there little setup, with 3 card monte I know I'm not going to win so I keep on walking
    The shocking truth about Cyprus, and what they tried to do has hoovered any remaining trust out of the markets. Sadly it seems this is the next Lehmens. I'm certain there's more to it than meets the eye. One thing is for sure, it's 2008 all over again.

I wonder how our UK banks will fair this time.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    And what exactly am I disillusioned about? I am a great believer in looking at outcomes and right now it seems to me that Germany has managed to render most of Europe as helpless. They are stuck with debt they cannot invest in infrastructure they cannot build new schools and upgrade Universities and they cannot use their poor economy to produce goods and services to compete with those of Germany. They are forced to stay with the Euro which happens to keep the Euro down in value leaving Germany holding all the cards.

Maybe a few Russian bailouts in the med may break the iron grip of German influence within the EU.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    It was not meant to be anything other than what could happen. As for Russians in the med it may be good to counter the expansionist policies of the Germans
    With a comment like that I can only conclude that you are like your avatar, sad, bitter and disillusioned

Cheer up:

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    It was not meant to be anything other than what could happen. As for Russians in the med it may be good to counter the expansionist policies of the Germans
    I rather think pushing these economies to the brink is all part of the expansionist policies of the Germans.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X