• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Prince 2 practitioner"

Collapse

• aicomms
    replied
    @ chrissie28 what project scenario did you get in the exam?? and was the link useful? Im just about to sit my practitioner exam........ Thanks in advance!!

Leave a comment:

• chrissie28
    replied
    Thank you very much

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Gutted for you mate.

Did you think of using a training academy such as KnowledgeAcademy? They have all that stuff and are very competitively priced.

I found this link which has a couple of practice papers in

Linky

The Practitioner exam is mostly about training for how to pass it, not how to apply Prince2 so you would really be advised on doing the course or speaking to someone that has passed the exam and can give you some advice.

There are also books on Amazon (available via Kindle) on how to pass the exam.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by chrissie28 View Post
    Thank you but htis is for the foundation....I did well in that one !!!! I think i'm just gonna have to revise it again and re-take and hope that someone won't charge me £400 for the pleasure of 2.5 hours

thanks to all those who made sensible suggestions to help me out.....the rest of you need to get a day job to keep you occupied.
    Re-read the thread. Go to post #4. In there you will see a link. Click on it. A large pdf document containing two past papers for the praktishonerrr exam will oooopeeen in front of your very eyes. Wow, magic

Leave a comment:

• chrissie28
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Try Google.
    Thank you but htis is for the foundation....I did well in that one !!!! I think i'm just gonna have to revise it again and re-take and hope that someone won't charge me £400 for the pleasure of 2.5 hours

thanks to all those who made sensible suggestions to help me out.....the rest of you need to get a day job to keep you occupied.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Thank goodness curmudgeonly old bastards like you are dying out.
    And being replaced by the next generation of curmudgeonly old bastards eh spod

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    When I read threads like this I begin to understand why there has been no competition at the top end for years. I don't think there ever will be, till the education system is reformed.
    I thank my lucky stars I was born when I was.
    Thank goodness curmudgeonly old bastards like you are dying out.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    When I read threads like this I begin to understand why there has been no competition at the top end for years. I don't think there ever will be, till the education system is reformed.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    I did mine in 2009 when the new format started, so need to do it again next year to keep up the certification... no idea why we have to keep retaking the exams to keep our certificate, I mean if one finished uni, they don't tell us this uni certificate is only valid for 5 or 10 years and you'd need to come back and re do the exams if you want to keep your degree... I know no comparison, but I feel a bit cheated that I have to keep taking exams to keep my certification.

Saying that I wonder if I just keep it in the CV, in my opinion who's going to check that my certificate hasn't expired? Since I took the exam and put in on my CV no one ever asked me about it or asked me to provide the certificate... I can't deny it got me roles (not PM, but lead BA roles) but no one ever asked about seeing the certificate.
    er its a money making scam, there is no need really. Same as the way they have invented another rung of the qualification ladder even higher than certified practioner which was always sold as the ultimate.

PRINCE 2 is all about box ticking and process. The hard parts of project/programme leadership are not covered at all... the people side, engaging with the stakeholders, the design shakedown, the financial side, all this and so much more is so very hard to do well. But a bit hard to capture in a simplistic fashion and test in multi choice questions. So instead they test to see how good you will be at box ticking.

Sadly the business seems to think its some kind of qualification for doing the job (which it isnt).

CoolCat Certified Prince 2 Practioner

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    Saying that I wonder if I just keep it in the CV, in my opinion who's going to check that my certificate hasn't expired? Since I took the exam and put in on my CV no one ever asked me about it or asked me to provide the certificate... I can't deny it got me roles (not PM, but lead BA roles) but no one ever asked about seeing the certificate.
    Well if we suddenly get to Opt In to the Employment Regs as so many seem to want the agents will be compelled by the regulation to check all qualifications so I think a lot of people suddenly won't be so happy about Opt in

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Try Google.

Leave a comment:

• chrissie28
    replied

You twit.
    it was lovely to meet you, goodbye

Leave a comment:

• SandyD
    replied
    I did mine in 2009 when the new format started, so need to do it again next year to keep up the certification... no idea why we have to keep retaking the exams to keep our certificate, I mean if one finished uni, they don't tell us this uni certificate is only valid for 5 or 10 years and you'd need to come back and re do the exams if you want to keep your degree... I know no comparison, but I feel a bit cheated that I have to keep taking exams to keep my certification.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by chrissie28 View Post
    thankyou, kindred spirit but do you have any practice papers

You twit.

Leave a comment:

• chrissie28
    replied
    I found it quite tough
    thankyou, kindred spirit but do you have any practice papers