• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Blizzard!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Blizzard!!!"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    That's cheered me up. The thought you might stay there that is.

Back Friday. Ill bring the sun!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Wow! Really?

I was taking in the rays yesterday and at the weekend sipping wine in the bright sun in the Los Gatos mountains. Ouch. Got a little sunburn there. :-)
    Yes but that's California where all the norks are made of silicon.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Wow! Really?

I was taking in the rays yesterday and at the weekend sipping wine in the bright sun in the Los Gatos mountains. Ouch. Got a little sunburn there. :-)
    That's cheered me up. The thought you might stay there that is.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Wow! Really?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    It tends not to be the 4x4's but the clueless saloon/ small car drivers who do not know how to drive in snow, skid and block the roads leading to tailbacks
    Oh and the foreign fooking truck drivers jack knifing across the M20
    It's not the snow, it's the ice under it. Summer tyres have almost zero grip on ice, hence why our continental cousins mandate winter tyres for such conditions.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    A blizzard in the SE just means a light flurry of snow. Too much for all those 4x4s to cope with...
    It tends not to be the 4x4's but the clueless saloon/ small car drivers who do not know how to drive in snow, skid and block the roads leading to tailbacks
    Oh and the foreign fooking truck drivers jack knifing across the M20

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    A blizzard in the SE just means a light flurry of snow. Too much for all those 4x4s to cope with...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Clear and bright here - didn't even have to de-ice the car.
    Same here, although I sprayed antifreeze on the car windows before I went to bed, just to make sure I wouldn't get a coating of ice and could fulfill this week's polluting the planet quotum; north east NL, drove to central NL, no problems. According to the radio there are people stranded in their cars in northern France and ze authorities cannot 'andle zis, so they're asking people who live near motorways to rescue stranded motorists.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Damn, I thought this thread was about some new game the makers of WoW have made..

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Britain 'will gain from global warming' - Telegraph

The report, by 30 international scientists for the European Commission, blah blah.

Mike Hulme, a climate researcher at the University of East Anglia, blah blah.

Hot hot hot, sunny dry and warm Britain.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    There is a fooking blizzard on as i type this. ( Kent area )

Cars all over the place. Roads not gritted. Mayhem!
    West Sussex:

Blizzard, about a foot or two of snow in drifts, roads not gritted.

Took me three hours to get from work to my digs last night. That's 6 miles.

Not many people in the office this morning.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Clear and bright here - didn't even have to de-ice the car.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    started a topic Blizzard!!!

Blizzard!!!

There is a fooking blizzard on as i type this. ( Kent area )

Cars all over the place. Roads not gritted. Mayhem!

Working...
X