• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Corporation tax question"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Certainly! Back each weekend but wifeys bday this weekend. I've bought her some new 'toys' so she'll be tied up...
    FTFY HTH

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Certainly! Back each weekend but wifeys bday this weekend so ill be tied up. I've bought her some new 'toys'...
    I'm in Spain for the next few weekends anyway

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Corporation tax question

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I am back in Leeds now, beer sometime?
    Certainly! Back each weekend but wifeys bday this weekend so ill be tied up. I've bought her some new 'toys'...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Aye but as I live in Leeds, I have to pay fancy Leeds prices....
    I am back in Leeds now, beer sometime?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Corporation tax question

You could live like a king up there for that!
    Aye but as I live in Leeds, I have to pay fancy Leeds prices....

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied

That is only a few steps down from living like a contractor!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I was with Cap, rate was good for NE, just shy of £500/day.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Corporation tax question

When I was talking to CapGemini about a placement up there the rates they were offering could only be bob friendly.
    I was with Cap, rate was good for NE, just shy of £500/day.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    SC was necessary at HMRC when I was there last year, so no Bobs
    When I was talking to CapGemini about a placement up there the rates they were offering could only be bob friendly.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Corporation tax question

SC was necessary at HMRC when I was there last year, so no Bobs

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    just goes to show their either incompetant or Bobs, or both
    They're incompetent.

They have no need to hide behind Bobs to show they are ******* useless.

British permanent workers who have a small risk of losing their jobs, are highly unionised and have British management tend to be incompetent. The history of the car industry in this country illustrates this.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Last year when i returned from holiday I had receive a cheque from HMRC for a huge amount of money, then as i was planning my next holiday and a new car, i had this sinking feeling that the amount on the cheque looked very familiar, sure enough it was the same amount as my corporation tax bill, they had allocated it to the previous year which had been paid so the amount flagged up as an overpayment and they sent it back to me. gutted, i had to pay them again.

The fact that you'd paid money using the incorrect reference COULD have been easily sorted. Your payment would have gone onto a worklist as unallocated, the user COULD have checked your account for the correct years return and COULD have allocated the payment against it.

This would take about 1 minute to do.

The user ACTUALLY picked up your payment from the worklist, thought feck it and hit the 'repay to customer' button.

This would take about 2 seconds to do.

Bearing in mind THEY get paid either way ..........

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied
    Last year when i returned from holiday I had receive a cheque from HMRC for a huge amount of money, then as i was planning my next holiday and a new car, i had this sinking feeling that the amount on the cheque looked very familiar, sure enough it was the same amount as my corporation tax bill, they had allocated it to the previous year which had been paid so the amount flagged up as an overpayment and they sent it back to me. gutted, i had to pay them again.

they're, incompetent

Irony anyone

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    That thought occurred to me. Are the IT systems maintained by Bob outsourcing ?
    Worse, Gerodie's I believe!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X