• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Panorama Mission Accomplished? Secrets of Helmand"

Collapse

• doodab
    replied
    Democracy needs to develop under it's own power. If it's imposed by an external force it's just a different form of tyranny.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    Sounds like it's become quite Americanized.
    I saw what you did there.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    Just watched that... Probably on iPlayer soon. News story with a short clip is here.

The full program contains some seriously depressing stuff. Police openly growing and smoking marijuana, off their heads after shooting up heroin, firing their guns randomly, selling the fortified defences for scrap metal, kidnapping, extortion, sexually abusing children (and shooting them when they try to escape).

As with Iraq, you have to wonder if the country has become a better place since we sent troops in there to kill, and be killed.
    Sounds like it's become quite Americanized.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Tunisia is ruled by a one handed lesbian ?
    Wow! How very avant garde!!!

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    If you were to ask them I think they'd profess otherwise.
    They would probably say it does not matter, their religion transcends their nationality.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Of which a growing number are British...
    If you were to ask them I think they'd profess otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    No, I mean the steady increase in terrorist attacks that can be placed firmly at the feet of Islamic mentalists.
    Of which a growing number are British...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    You mean the inevitable civil war in the UK ?
    Why is civil war inevitable in the Uk?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    No, I mean the steady increase in terrorist attacks that can be placed firmly at the feet of Islamic mentalists.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    There is a school of thought that by taking the battle to them on their streets we're helping to keep the unpleasantness from our streets.

However, personally I think we're only delaying the inevitable.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    For a reason. I don't believe the situation in Tunisia is derived from 2 opposed factions that have been kept in line by an iron hand in a velvet glove.
    Tunisia is ruled by a one handed lesbian ?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Wasn't there a cross-party consensus in favour of the war(s)?
    There was and I am pretty sure that the Tories would have done the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    It was our democratic system that voted him in so we are all responsible especially all the leftie tw*ts that voted labour
    Wasn't there a cross-party consensus in favour of the war(s)?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It was our democratic system that voted him in so we are all responsible especially all the leftie tw*ts that voted labour
    Sure, of course.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    You mean those Conservatives who were dissatisified with the ruling majority at the time. In the 1997 general election there was a massive swing to Labour and a massive loss for the Tories. Things went a bit down in 2001 and even worse in 2005 as the Tories who had voted him realised that he was in fact a Tory, albeit under a different name, so switched their allegiance back to the Conservative Party as there was really very little difference between the two.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X