• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm a bit of a trekkie but..."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    You can buy the ST stories in novel form as an anthology of short stories... though I'm not sure if the books predate the TV show or vice versa.

Ah - found one (Star Trek - The Classic Episodes: v. 1: Amazon.co.uk: James Blish: Books) brings back memories of lonely teen nerdiness

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I have seen a few of these lately..

amateur sequels or prequels, often made by well off fans
    Not quite although they are semi pros.

They are web episodes based on the commissioned stories that would have made Star Trek Phase 2, the second 5 year mission of the Enterprise. Instead, Paramount decided to go with Star Trek The Motion Picture and commission ST: TNG as the follow on tv series.

Some of the TNG episodes are derived from the Phase 2 commissioned scripts.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Er, this isn't JJ Abrams new movie but some sort of amateur production (several episodes of). Uses sounds and incidental music from the original series.

Spock with mascara, Scotty sounds Irish, Kirk has a DA, Chekov has an even worse haircut and look out for the lapdance by the green babe.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Strangely entertaining though. I've offered the producers my services as a voice coach for Scotty but I'm not holding my breath.
    damn

i could be lister

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I do believe you are right.

it was the sponsors who played the leads
    Strangely entertaining though. I've offered the producers my services as a voice coach for Scotty but I'm not holding my breath.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I do believe you are right.

it was the sponsors who played the leads

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied

amateur sequels or prequels, often made by well off wannabe actors

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Er, this isn't JJ Abrams new movie but some sort of amateur production (several episodes of). Uses sounds and incidental music from the original series.

Spock with mascara, Scotty sounds Irish, Kirk has a DA, Chekov has an even worse haircut and look out for the lapdance by the green babe.

amateur sequels or prequels, often made by well off fans

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

...wooden floorboards on the bridge.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Never heard of it, thought the new film was called into darkness or something like that

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Never heard of it, thought the new film was called into darkness or something like that

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    started a topic I'm a bit of a trekkie but...

I'm a bit of a trekkie but...

Star Trek New Voyages. Make of it what you will.

Working...
X