• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Prescott

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Prescott"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    As deputy PM, he's going to be in charge during the Parliamentary summer recess.

Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh...

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Originally posted by interested
    His butchery of the English language really is something else.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I heard a bloke on the radio today saying that, whenever he hears anything about Prescott, it reminds him of how much worse the Tories were.

There is still a lot of work to do before reality reaches the idiot end of the electorate.

Leave a comment:

• Clog II The Avenger
    replied
    The UK media go on about corruption in countries like China and yet we the public allow slippery characters like Prescott to hand over the nations assets in exchange for favours. He should go to prison for life, or do what they do in China and hang corrupt politicians.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Normally I would agree with stabbety stab but in Prescot's case that might not be pleasant. The old joke about the monkey trying to put the cork back springs to mind.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Another thing to look at is the possibility of Brown holding a snap election catching the Tories unawares... that would be to liebour's advantage.

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    I agree with you Lucifer. There is a 'but' though.

Blair will go before the next Gen Election. What the Tories I suspect want to avoid is for Brown to come into the election as PM, still within his honeymoon period.

And that means Brown taking over at least a year before the election, preferably before that.

If they could get Prescott's scalp, that would, according to most political pundits, precipitate a leadership contest too, with Brown becoming PM before or around the time of the Labour conference.

The longer Brown is the PM, the more likely the electorate, notably middle England, will say, 'No bloody way'.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Ah Wendy, well done. Someone else who recognises what needs to happen. Too many people around here are calling for Blair or Prescott to go. NO! What we need is for Blair and Prescott to cling on to the bitter end, fighting to hold on to power every step of the way, covering themselves in sleaze and controversy. Last thing people looking for a change of government need is for Prescott to fall on his sword now (all forgotten about in two weeks time) and Blair to step down on his 10th anniversary, handing over power in an orderly manner leaving plenty of time for his successor to settle in.

Blair and Prescott, you stick to your guns. Your country needs you.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Don't stab him! Leave him where he is!

He is a beacon of what Labour is all about, and every time he speaks or is in the news, it reminds people.

Leave a comment:

• interested
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    stab stab stabbity stab of the highest order

He should be beheaded. Stabbing is too good for him.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    stab stab stabbity stab of the highest order

Leave a comment:

• interested
    started a topic Prescott

Prescott

Listening to him on Today now.

What a complete buffoon of a man. I feel aggrieved and insulted that he somehow represents me and my country. His butchery of the English language really is something else. I'd be interested to see a transcript of the interview....

Working...
X