• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: P4 in trouble?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "P4 in trouble?"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    that will be me straight off to companys house to register my Ltd. company, hire an accountant, make sure my insurances are up to date and worry that I'm not spanking too much outside IR35.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    nowadays

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    didn't

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by chunkymonkey
    Wow, didnt realize that there must be so many ignorant people contracting now days, that will be me straight off to companys house to register my ltd company and hire an accountant and make sure my insurances are up to date and worry that im not spanking too much outside IR35.

Please go ahead and enlighten us poor buffoons who still use umbrellas? Im sure your witty and constructive argument will encourage us all to drop the yoke of oppression and stand together united under our banner of limited companies - or maybe well continue to do what we want to do and ignore unconstructive comments.
    we'll

Leave a comment:

• chunkymonkey
    replied
    Wow, didnt realize that there must be so many ignorant people contracting now days, that will be me straight off to companys house to register my ltd company and hire an accountant and make sure my insurances are up to date and worry that im not spanking too much outside IR35.

Please go ahead and enlighten us poor buffoons who still use umbrellas? Im sure your witty and constructive argument will encourage us all to drop the yoke of oppression and stand together united under our banner of limited companies - or maybe well continue to do what we want to do and ignore unconstructive comments.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by chunkymonkey
    Gosh thanks for that Mailman, you know theres a whole thread on the differences between ltd/umbrella/etc and even though your well put and descriptive post almost swayed me to going Ltd and all the problems/joys that would bring - I think ill stick with my umbrella thanks.
    The only people who should be using brollies are the ignorant. You have no excuses for not running your own limited company.

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    ...and you need a vertical scroll bar even when you hide your bookmarks.

Neat.

Leave a comment:

• chunkymonkey
    replied
    Gosh thanks for that Mailman, you know theres a whole thread on the differences between ltd/umbrella/etc and even though your well put and descriptive post almost swayed me to going Ltd and all the problems/joys that would bring - I think ill stick with my umbrella thanks.

Maybe if youd have made such a tirade 4 years ago I might of missed the whole P4 problem

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Limited vs Umbrella

On this subject, just noticed the link at the top of the board.

http://www.manager.co.uk/

What a cr@ppy site. I think the small gap at top left of all the group boxes where they've used a Windows groupbox without specifying a name, rather than adding proper borders, is a rather sweet touch.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    You guys call yourselves contractors YET here you are using someone else to act as a go between for you, your agents and your clients!

Bah, run your own limited company then the only fail point will be the agents not paying up!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    When I was hunting around the Umbrella Market for a provider, they were a name that seemed to crop up quite a lot.

I contacted them via their website, and had a call back from an agent.

I found his manner to be pushy, and he reminded me of a hard sell estate agent. I could almost smell the brut and the brylcream.

After reading the website again, I formed my own personal opinion that they were Style over Substance, backed up with The Hard Sell.

So I went elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• chunkymonkey
    replied
    disclaimer:- my comments expressed about Prosperity 4 are all my own work and have nothing to do with ContractorUK forum beliefs or expressions, that of its moderators or other members

I stand by my comments, once bitten twice shy, late payments, excuses after excuse for non payment, bad comms and on one memorable occasion when I asked why they hadnt paid me(even though they had had the money in from the EA) - "you should be grateful to be receiving anything this month", and at that point I walked and found a new umbrella.

Im sure they are treating you really well moneymoney and good luck to you with them, me I know where my money is safe

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Watch what you say here. P4 have already been in touch with shout99 about some of the comments on there relating to them.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by ferret
    Six months late filing

Not big and not clever. Hope they ready to bend over and accept a royal rogering.
    ...which brings us back to the male g-spot...

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    Ooer

Six months late filing

Not big and not clever. Hope they ready to bend over and accept a royal rogering.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X