• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Haxors among us?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Haxors among us?"

Collapse

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Helios
    I can also hack most servers on most ports. Script Kiddie? Nmap has been used to own everything from ebay to cia.gov.

As for my email security, I'm happy to get peeps nocking at my door. Most Haxors get employed by doing illegal stuff.
    There is always one. 99% of security companies won't touch hackers because they have the wrong ethos and also cannot be trusted with the information they could extract from high profile clients that the security companies work with.

If you really think you will get a security job by doing this sort of stuff you are living in your own little world. REAL security experts do not do anything illegal. They get box's built for them to hack into and they have full permission to do so, secondly hacking into boxes is not what being a security expert is all about. It is about desigining a system that can repel attacks it is a different way of thinking.

Why don't you go and talk to Kimble (http://www.kimble.org/) You sound like you are around about his mentality, you never know he may even give you a job (good luck actually getting paid though).

Damn script kiddies

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by accesstowork
    Fogu. Dimitri using an open proxy in china. hush hush naughty person.

We former KGB keep records on our monitors. I have a record of english queing outside a russian mcdonalds and russians queing outside an english post office. What do the Poles do? They queue (im dislecsict hence spelling) outside the UPS office saying they drive handing over their cv for it to go in the bin. Interview peeps?

Then one sparkie realises that monitors don't hold records so unless DVLA have Acer Ferrarri laptops, screw paying car tax.

I have seven pairs of socks 5 that I wear in the winter for carding, 15 pairs of socks 4 that I wear in the summer for mp3 and cracks and over a thousand http proxies that I use for wearing armani sandals and surfing the net. lol
    OK, does anyone understand any of this?

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    are you a chat bot or just mad?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by accesstowork

We former KGB keep records on our monitors. I have a record of english queing outside a russian mcdonalds and russians queing outside an english post office. What do the Poles do? They queue (im dislecsict hence spelling) outside the UPS office saying they drive handing over their cv for it to go in the bin. Interview peeps?

Then one sparkie realises that monitors don't hold records so unless DVLA have Acer Ferrarri laptops, screw paying car tax.

I have seven pairs of socks 5 that I wear in the winter for carding, 15 pairs of socks 4 that I wear in the summer for mp3 and cracks and over a thousand http proxies that I use for wearing armani sandals and surfing the net. lol
    Hey! You're my kind of guy!

Leave a comment:

• accesstowork
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    Originally posted by NickIT
    All good tools!

I quite like Solar Winds in there as well.
    I also like solar winds whatever software that is.

Nmap rocks. For Sys Admins and Haxors alike. Lets all live in peace lol.

Leave a comment:

• NickIT
    replied
    All good tools!

I quite like Solar Winds in there as well.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Ethereal Rox!

Erm, is that the correct terminology?

Better on a linux box than windoze.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Nmap is an excellent tool and has been since day 1.

I've used it for years for everything from tracking down suspected trojans to keeping tabs on what the students were getting up to on the campus networks at the university I worked for a few years back.

Combine it with a few other tools like snort, tcpdump and ethereal and network admin and security gets a whole lot eaier

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Let's clear this up for the piss-takers and get nmap's reputation back (as I believe it is a useful legitimate tool).

Nmap is a useful tool for finding out if your firewall configuration worked as expected. It is also great for scanning subnets to find out which hosts are online (and which staff are late!). It is also good as an audit and statistics tool as you can find out what operating system is running on an IP address.

None of that makes it a hacker tool - it's who is using it that makes it a hacker tool. In a script-kiddies hands it's a hacker tool as demonstrated below:

<k1dd13> w00t muv, i g0t sub7 0n da 56.42.122.232! Nmap t0ld m3 s0.
    <|V|upp37> Rar l3ts haX0r i7
    <k1dd13> Y0ur Mum
    <|V|upp37> f@g

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Thanks for that info. I am struggling taking in the knowledge.
    Nmap is not used to identify what hosts are available on a
    network. It is used to identify what ports are open, filtered or closed on a box.

Never said I used Nmap to hack a box. I said I have hacked boxs while using nmap. The admin pass crunch was mostly social engineering.

You sir are a quick learner who does not check what he picks up from others to be true before he talks, or just a noob who mascarades as someone with a bit of networking knowledge. Take your pick.
    From the Nmap web site, and I quote:

... Nmap uses raw IP packets in novel ways to determine what hosts are available on the network, what services (application name and version) those hosts are offering, what operating systems (and OS versions) they are running, what type of packet filters/firewalls are in use, and dozens of other characteristics.

I'll leave it to you to work out the connection between ports and services. I'm sure you can manage it, being such an expert haxor and all.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    LOL Wanna go back through this one again, or you still coming to terms with what causes latency? ;-)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    He probably knows what latency is though....

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    network. It is used to identify what ports are open, filtered or closed on a box.

Never said I used Nmap to hack a box. I said I have hacked boxs while using nmap. The admin pass crunch was mostly social engineering.

You sir are a quick learner who does not check what he picks up from others to be true before he talks, or just a noob who mascarades as someone with a bit of networking knowledge. Take your pick.
    And you're still a script kiddie. Pwnd.

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    ROFL, Nmap isn't used to own anything. It's a scanning tool used to identify, among other things : the hosts that are available on a given network, what services those hosts are running, what operating system is running and which firewalls or filters are in use, if any. It is not used to compromise an identified system. It provides the information needed to formulate an attack against that system or to secure it from an attack exploiting that information. No more, no less.

Yes, Security Professionals use Nmap. Using Nmap does not make you a Security Profesional.

Claiming you have hacked a system using Nmap is like claiming you burgled a house because you found out the name and address of the person who lives there.

You sir are a Troll or an Idiot. Take your pick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X